Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Don't care?

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering who would be interested in a forum that is completely dedicated to music?

I bet it would generate a lot more traffic and threads compared to the Books, Tech, and For Sale forums combined....

We could discuss all genres, have some trivia contests, do record/concert reviews, or local bands can promote themselves and keep us updated on where their next gigs are (since I know a lot perform in bands on here)....

So, how about a Music Forum?

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why not just use this forum to talk about music?

And you have to remember, more traffic=more costs for Skkorp.

He created this board for sports purposes, and we already have enough "other" forums. I voted no, and I hope we keep it the way it is.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
We got people listening to everything from Cher to Carcass to Whitney to W.A.S.P on this board. A music forum would be fun. Somebody just posted something about Savatage in a prior thread. I had "Hall of the Mountian King" when I was in jr. high. I totally forgot that band existed until now! That video would come on during The Headbanger's Ball and I'd get all stoked. Thinking about Savatage makes Jack Black's humor so much funnier.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

He created this board for sports purposes, and we already have enough "other" forums. I voted no, and I hope we keep it the way it is.

Limited government- no unnecessary spending- I'm with you on this one. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why not just eliminate the Tech and For Sale Boards and create a Music Board? The For Sale board doesn't get hardly any traffic, and all the posts in both boards could easily be incorporated into Everything Else.

This way, Skkorp actually REDUCES the number of boards by one.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Despite popular belief, having another board doesn't really make the bandwidth any bigger, or smaller...especially these little "other" boards.

Adding a music board isn't hurting Jim at all. Sure, if for some reason that board is a hit, and people go nuts on it, then maybe it will raise up the bandwidth...but we've never gone over our limit, and I doubt adding a forum will put it over the top.

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No more boards!! It just spreads the converstations all over the place....just keep the content in the same places

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
No more boards!! It just spreads the converstations all over the place....just keep the content in the same places

I don't know what the problem is... If you wanna talk about movies, you know where to go. If you wanna talk about the Cardinals, you know where to go. Why not a board for something as large as music? Personally, I find the Everything Else board a little daunting--there's some great stuff on there, but some of it is just posting just for the sake of posting--as in a thread that appears to be on the Tech Board as well... :confused:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

Don't listen to Krang, he doesn't even listen to real music, he listens to computers.

:p

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Personally, I find the Everything Else board a little daunting--there's some great stuff on there, but some of it is just posting just for the sake of posting--as in a thread that appears to be on the Tech Board as well... :confused:

..there you answered your own question. Speading out the converstations to multiple boards will be more area's to police and create simular circumstances like the "Pad your stats" thread. Keeping everything centralized is ideal

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
YEAH!!! Great idea!! Music is maybe my second biggest passion outside of the Cards.

:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA