Murray discussion removed from the Nick Bosa injury thread

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BW52, May 21, 2019.

1. imaCafan

imaCafan Next stop, Hall of Fame!

Thanks. If you miss a day on this board you can miss a LOT of good threads....that aren't about Murray....

jf-08 likes this.
  2. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Kyler never ran a 40, so we don’t know how fast he is.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

You trust Kurt Warner more than his official Combine measurement? Then I can say that I trust Kyler is shorter than 5’10 because I heard it on the Orange Bowl broadcast?

I thought you believed in things that are “True,” and not those dastardly rumors from reporters. :billthecat:

4. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I would not push the envelope on saying 4.2 but there was some sites out of curiosity which took some of his runs from college and attempted to clock them in real time and they more than suggested the can run at least a 4.3. I watched his games against UT being a UT ex and though there might not be great defenses in the Big 12, you would be completely off base to think UT's recruiting classes still do not have great athletes and those guys could not even get him with an angle on him

5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Listen, I know Kyler is fast, but Krang and I are having multiple arguments across threads, haha. If he’s going to argue that Kurt Warner’s height estimation is more important than the combine measurement, or that we can trust Kyler runs a 4.3 even though it hasn’t been measured, I’m gonna give him a hard time for saying we can’t trust reporters or the official website for saying we tried to get Kirk Cousins.

I know you’re not following my every post, so just explaining.

6. Jetstream Green

Hey, I support Murray realizing his skill... but still do not think he's 5-10 lol

7. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I bet chunks would've been happy lol

slanidrac16 and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

True, but watching his film, once he got started running, it was hard for players to catch him. IT's at the very least 4.4 but I would say 4.3 something?

9. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

10. Jetstream Green

11. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Kyler Murray is the Perfect Storm. It's really difficult for NFL prognosticators to gauge exactly what KM will produce, because the NFL hasn't seen a skill set like his before. He's even different than Wilson was coming out of college. It's understandable that rookie QB's, no matter how talented, struggle a little coming out of the gate in the NFL. If Murray were drafted by a team in a traditional offensive system, then it might take a little time for that team to truly understand how to use him. That won't be the case with the Cardinals. If the Cardinals didn't have the 1st pick, I'm not 100% sold that we would have hired KK. With KM sitting in our lap, the Cardinals did their homework & saw that KM/KK was a marriage made in heaven. KK will make the NFL transition for KM much, much simpler. He's putting together an offense that Murray can run to perfection in his sleep. Not to say that he won't make some mistakes. I'm sure he will. But what makes KM special will be put on display from day 1. We're a cursed franchise. Unfortunately, I do believe that. But, this may be the time when even a traditionally cursed franchise has their moment in the sun. Older fans like myself deserve to sit back and enjoy every second of this. Younger fans will gravitate to KM & the Cardinals will be the talk of the town. Not just in AZ, but across the entire NFL landscape.

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  12. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

"Reportedly." (I'm just giving Krang a hard time from another discussion where he claims the Cardinals didn't pursue Kirk Cousins. Again, I think the kid is plenty fast.)

Dude, you're 61. You're not even eligible to qualify for Medicare. Why do you post about being an older fan like you have one year to go?

Just a word to the wise, even if Kyler is amazing, he's probably not taking us to a Super Bowl win in his rookie deal. Only two players in the past 20 years have done that, and frankly, each one was dragged there on the back of a solid running game and defense. (Ravens and Seahawks.)

jf-08 likes this.
  13. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Very witty!

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  14. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

I'm absolutely with ya about the O line it's very very shaky at best wish they would have devoted at least another draft pick towards it myself

15. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

You suck at research and debate.

Warner never went to the combine.

These are words right from the horse's mouth, not third hand speculation.