Murray anxious to start working with Fitz, Hopkins, and rest of offense.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yes, better late then never
Last season they had a sloppy start cause they decided to limit the snaps for the starters in the preaseason
I supposed our offense should have been one of the first unit to practice

Maybe it should be better later than earlier. I mean if they did it a month ago, they would most likely be rusty again by camp time. And whose to say this is the only one that they do? I still think it shows leadership and the respect that all 20 teammates have shown by accepting.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Good for him..... maybe that Brady guy ain’t got much on him after all

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
“It will cost him more than $40,000.” Quite a sacrifice
It's a big number to us...... And probably big symbolically to his teammates......

But it only represents 1.8% of his total compensation this year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
10 - 20 degrees cooler in Dallas.

I also think this really limits any blowback where the Cardinals are doing the workout against league rules. This is clearly all Murray.
I’m betting it’s indoor at the Allen HS facility, which is as good as any college or maybe NFL place.

I live about 2 miles from there so don’t think I won’t be sneaking over to maybe see them after lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m betting it’s indoor at the Allen HS facility, which is as good as any college or maybe NFL place.

I live about 2 miles from there so don’t think I won’t be sneaking over to maybe see them after lol

I hope you get a chance to see them!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly considering he has leased 2 practice fields, handled all accomodations, airfare, workouts, meals, and post workout activities for twenty people this had to be in play for at least a week.

The players were dropping hints that they would be together soon as well.

Sure I would have liked this two weeks ago but this is so top notch I am good with it.
Late, but it sound like it was planned for a month

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
0:25

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did we get any word if the workout is still happening? Texas seems like a bad place to be right now for workouts. Same with AZ, but someone get these guys into a plastic bubble already, haha.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did we get any word if the workout is still happening? Texas seems like a bad place to be right now for workouts. Same with AZ, but someone get these guys into a plastic bubble already, haha.
It has already ended. Just wasn’t out to the public

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Some of the players like Eno Benjamin & Brett Hundley showed IG stories of being present at Kyler’s High School field. Seemed like they wanted to keep it under wraps & did just that.
Which is exactly how it should be in this environment. Last thing they need is a member of the woke police to start shaming them publicly.

Keep it private, keep it professional, take the proper precautions, respect the proper medical advice, & keep it quiet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to McMannaman's tweet, Murray is paying! I don't think the team is allowed to pay for activities like this outside the official offseason program.

I find it slightly odd that they didn't all plan to get together in Arizona.

...dave
Would save a lot of money. It's much hotter on outdoor field here though

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How frequently have you used 1.8% of your salary to improve your coworkers and employer?
I easily spend $200 a year on co-worker's, and supervisor's birthdays. Hell, I wrote off $400 last year for Admin's day, Birthday parties, and office after hours functions. Office morale and camaraderie is all improvement in my eyes.

And your argument would have more merit if we were talking about someone who didn't just get a signing bonus of 23mm with a total value of 35mm.

His true salary in year one was $6,392,481. Making the actual hit of this only .00704% if you take the entire salary into account an not the year one acceleration of bonus money in year one (which was north of 24mm and would make this 40k contribution a ladybug on the Serengeti level comparison). Hell..... He's probably going to write it off also! haha

Don't act like this is a big deal. The kid probably spent more on his gaming gear this summer than that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, a professional sport is made for fans basically, making some pics and a short video should be the normal way, especially during these tough times

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, a professional sport is made for fans basically, making some pics and a short video should be the normal way, especially during these tough times
It’s not just made for fans, it’s made for the players as well. It’s their choice to do what they wanted to do, not yours.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, sure, everyone is free
But the business starts with fans
Are you really mad they wanted to keep their practices under wraps because you’re sports-hungry right now?