Mueller Report Discussion

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Covert Rain, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

I finished the report.

Trump would have been indicted had he not been POTUS. 100%

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

17D634C5-230C-411C-A3C5-FA8893D09070.png

3. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Jersey Girl likes this.
  4. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I sure hope he just clarifies information instead of playing the "my report speaks for itself" and basically says that over and over when he doesn't want to answer something.

For example:

Congress: Mr. Mueller can you testify once and for all. There IS evidence that the President commited a crime. It might not rise to the level of an indictable charge but that doesn't mean there isn't evidence. Is that accurate?

Mueller: That is accurate.

BOOM. Trumpers go suck it.

Congress: Mr. Mueller: Would agree that the intention of the report was to compile the evidence so that Congress could do it's job versus AG Barr arbitrarily deciding himself.

Mueller: That is accurate.

BOOM. Trumpers...double suck it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. TJ

TJ Suge White

Not getting my hopes up. This could have dire consequences if Mueller doesn’t fully indicate that Trump was directly involved in collusion and obstruction

Covert Rain likes this.
  6. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

I don’t think Mueller coughs up anything new despite my hopes.

thirty-two likes this.
  7. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

I’m not optimistic. I think he gave his ambiguous press statement to try to avoid this very thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elindholm and Covert Rain like this.
  8. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

I think it's less him coughing up something new than it is how he opines on what we do know.

9. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

CNN experts seem to think/hope the Dems and GOP both want to use him for political advantage. The GOP wants sound bites of him saying the Steele Dossier started this "presidential harassment" and the Dems want to get more information out there about what Russia did in the way of attackign our systems and interfering in our election, and what Trumps' campaign did about it(nothing).

10. Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl Stand down Contributor

This does not surprise me.

11. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

Any good prosecutor knows the answer to any question he asks. I have to believe that the d's have to know they are going to get some very good stuff from Mueller.

12. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

Everyone against Trump is going to pin their hopes on Mueller and everyone is going to be disappointed. Again.

Congress and the American people are the two ways out of this mess and the longer we keep waiting for someone to swoop in and save us, the longer this goes on.

DemsMyBoys and elindholm like this.
  13. elindholm

elindholm edited for content

If so, that's a strategic error. The Russian interference doesn't move the needle. Everyone understands that voters are influenced by a thousand different forces, most of them illegitimate, and yet somehow we soldier on. Sure, there are laws that were violated, but compared to everything else this administration has done, it's pretty minor. Does it really matter that much if Trump's team got campaign ammunition from Russia itself, instead of from Russia-sympathizing American citizens?

The paths to get at Trump are obstruction and emoluments. Those are the primary players in his corruption. In this age of internet-driven social media, it's impossible to disentangle what "information" comes from where, and I'm prepared to stipulate that no major political candidate can come by all of their opposition research cleanly.

14. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Agreed I just think that they're assuming those paths are not going to come from Mueller. They didn't rule on obstruction and won't now. What they apparently are hoping to do is double and triple down on emphasizing what happened in the election. Russia intentionally and systematically interfered with our election. The Trump campaign may not have "colluded" with them but they were open to meeting and wanting to get information, they didn't report any of it to the FBI, they have done nothing since then. They denied for months the Russians were involved, they still have suggested they want to look closer at the evidence it was Russia. They haven't stepped things up to stop it happening again. Trump literally said a couple of weeks ago in the same situation he'd take information from Russians again.

This is CNN experts guesses of course but they seem to think the most damning information that's going to come out of Mueller relates to that, so they want to drive that point home when he's being interviewed and then drive it home after to the American people.

I agree it's not enough but that is their guess at what the Dems want to do

15. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

Couple of edits. I agree with the thrust of your question.