Mueller Report Discussion

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Covert Rain, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Hello all. I figured I would start a thread just for the Mueller report. Evidently, the report is about to come out soon according to reports. Figured it would be easier verses digging through every other post in one of the existing threads.

My stance has not changed. I hope I am wrong but I think Trump is like a mob boss. He is going to get away with it. I think a number of people are going to be disappointed when there is no indictment or impeachment that comes out of this. That is my prediction anyway.

My hope is that there is enough indirect evidence to peal fence sitters and Independents away from this yahoo to prevent his re-election. However, this is the same conman that has spent decades avoiding jail hiding behind lawyers and such. He is a dumb person but not maybe dumb enough to leave a trail of bodies leading to his front door.

P.S. This also seems to indicate no more indictments (boo for Trump Jr.) unless there is a flurry of activity between now and next week.

P.S.S. KAC made a veiled threat on CNN that the report might never come. Some people are alluding that to meaning we will never see it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/special-counsel-conclusion-announcement/index.html

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I’m holding out hope that because Trump’s actions may be so abhorrent and shocking to the conscience that Mueller files an indictment.

It is a policy and NOT a law that states you don’t indict a sitting President.

It is truly his duty to act on behalf of America.

We all know Drumpfco will certainly bury the report or claim exoneration because DOJ will refuse to indict because he is in office...

3. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Covert Rain

If team Trump has their way that might be NEVER.

5. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

You'd think it would be tough to keep it totally under wraps. That would be like stopping all the leaks in the Titanic.

6. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

The best case scenario is Trump being indicted and the Supreme Court ruling that he can’t be tried until after his term is over.

Absolute chaos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Covert Rain

No doubt. I look to someone like Booker leaking the entirety of the report. However, that won't stop the report from being heavily redacted before that happens. The DOJ gets it first.

That might be pretty important.

8. devilalum

And for all those that think it won’t be released. No way something this big doesn’t get made public one way or another.

9. Covert Rain

No doubt. However, my understanding is that it goes directly from Mueller's team to the AG first. The AG's office reviews and can decide to redact portions of it before it goes to Congress.

If that is not the case let me know but that is what I read somewhere.

Remember the Nunes memo? It was so redacted it painted an entirely false picture. If the above is true, no Congressional leak is going to solve that. I also think Mueller is too straight a shooter to leak anything himself.

10. devilalum

How many people at from Muellers team and the AG dept have access to the report?

It’s happened before. This is way too big. If the AG tries to play the redaction game Congress will come unglued.

Different story now that the Dems control the House.

11. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

Maybe Ukraine will hack and release.

Linderbee likes this.
  12. Covert Rain

Again, I am not talking about Congressional leaks. Mueller's team has pretty much been straight shooters and controlling information very tightly. I just don't see any leaks coming from them at all.

The question becomes will someone from the AG's office leak it? Not so sure about that since they have been prosecuting leakers. That's the only place I see where an UNREDACTED report comes from.

Congress won't get to see the unredacted report I bet. I could be wrong though. I just tried searching the process and it's unclear.

13. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

"Yes, we're not releasing the information to Congress or the public because there's absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Have a nice day."

Everybody: "Oh, okay."

14. Covert Rain

Here is what I found. The process is:

1. Mueller's office gives the attorney general “a confidential report”.
    2. The AG reviews the report first to make decisions about whom to prosecute and whom not to charge.
    3. The attorney general, in turn, must send a report to Congress explaining why the work has concluded but it will be a “brief notification" with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them.
    4. The attorney general is also free to decide that issuing that report would be in the public interest, as long as it is released lawfully.
    That sounds an awful lot like the AG's office has all the power here to dictate how much or how little Congress even sees. UGH!

@LVG can you weigh in here?

15. TJ

TJ Suge White

If im Murller, I’m BCCing a copy of the full report to Pelosi

Morty and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.