Mt. Rainier Venting

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've been to the King County Fair in Enumclaw, WA which is basically at its base. Mt. Rainier is very impressive.

Agencies and scientists are stepping up to say it is nothing.

Mount Rainier is NOT erupting: Agencies relieve pressure on Twitter after video of cloud on volcano​

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don't feel like getting covered in ash!!!!!That would be some seriously bad news if that happened. Spokane didn't fare to well when St. Helens erupted.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't feel like getting covered in ash!!!!!That would be some seriously bad news if that happened. Spokane didn't fare to well when St. Helens erupted.
Fun fact - my sister left Illinois for a summer job in the Olympics the day it blew up.

Had to detour hundreds of miles to get there.

When we drove out to visit her a month later, we spent one night in Moses Lake - woke up to a layer of ash on everything.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I went up there last year on a whale watching tour and unfortunately we didn't see any. I could retire in that area. It is so beautiful there. Deception Pass is incredible.

My parents retired up there a year ago. Their place overlooks Deer Harbor on Orcas Island. My Dad just walks up the street to the marina where his boats are held. It’s pretty sweet.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there in May. Actually contemplated buying a place on San Juan Island.
I went with a group a few years back and someone in our group got into a fight with a ranger. I'm no longer welcome there. :mad: I was the last to get there and only was there 12 hours for a 4 days trip.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The scary thing is that Rainer is covered in glaciers if something melts that water it could get bad RQ.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Fun fact - my sister left Illinois for a summer job in the Olympics the day it blew up.

Had to detour hundreds of miles to get there.

When we drove out to visit her a month later, we spent one night in Moses Lake - woke up to a layer of ash on everything.

I was 6 when St Helens erupted. I remember seeing a layer of ash on all the cars all the way down in Newport Oregon. So creepy to a 6 year-old.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA