Movies and Entertainment Twitter Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Disney cluster of a trilogy makes me appreciate the prequel trilogy even more than when it was originally released.
I still think TPM is a real stinker. While I think TLJ is a stinker in the new trilogy. ATC wasn’t much better but I thought ROS was a good ending although contrived. I really liked Revenge of the Sith and really liked TFA. Even though I like the prequels a little more than I used to I still give the edge to the new trilogy. I just can’t get over TPM. It if wasn’t for Darth Maul the movie would have been completely unwatchable.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think TPM is a real stinker. While I think TLJ is a stinker in the new trilogy. ATC wasn’t much better but I thought ROS was a good ending although contrived. I really liked Revenge of the Sith and really liked TFA. Even though I like the prequels a little more than I used to I still give the edge to the new trilogy. I just can’t get over TPM. It if wasn’t for Darth Maul the movie would have been completely unwatchable.
Lucas should have made the sequel trilogy with the original actors first. Disney would have had a much harder time screwing up the prequel trilogy because it has to start with a young farm boy and end with him becoming Vader.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lucas should have made the sequel trilogy with the original actors first. Disney would have had a much harder time screwing up the prequel trilogy because it has to start with a young farm boy and end with him becoming Vader.
Thank god Lucas didn’t get to make his new trilogy. The idea of a microbiotic world sounded aweful. Makes me appreciate the new trilogy every single day.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The person they fired must have really screwed the pooch.

The pressure must be enormous all around on this project. KOTOR makes the top 5-10 on just about every long-time gamer's list. Add on the SW tag and the scrutiny that will be put on this and you're feeling the heat of a thousand lightsabers over your neck.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I read another article that the reason he did this is because he reconsidered his stance on the Batman character. The problem? The total disfunction at DC Film/Warner Bros. The way they planned the future of the character (another multiverse version with Robert Pattinson) and abandoning the Snyderverse has likely left Batfleck with literally no place to go other than cameos like this. Discovery executives seem to concur what a cluster that leadership there is.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on this. So evidently, the studio cancelled Batgirl (90 million) and the Scooby Doo movie as well (40 million) even though both were deep into postproduction. That's 130 million thrown in the trash. No wonder the rumor is out there that Discovery executives want to clean the DCFilm/Warner Bros house.

You would think at the very least to recoup this money they would release straight to streaming.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discovery is definitely cleaning house. Now they are allegedly cancelling Warner Bro's produced HBO shows next with HBO and HBO MAX teams set to merge. Sounds like they eventually want to merge the Discovery Channel with the combined HBO content after that. 70% of the old team will be let go. Sounds like the new DC's Peacemaker and House of Dragon (GOT) is safe for now but they want to get out of scripted TV all together. If true, even for the few shows to make it out of this house cleaning? I expect a short leash in terms of cancellation should ratings fall off.

P.S. On a side note, with all the craziness going on with the WB? Michael Keaton has lost 2 out of 3 of his appearances as Batman with cancellation of the Batgirl movie and then being swapped out for Ben Affleck in Aquaman 2.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose