Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from “the guy who makes disaster movies.”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Roland is just mad because he hasn't done anything consequential in forever. He is acting like originality issues started with Star Wars and Marvel. LOL. It's been a thing forever in Hollywood.

Besides....as long as Star Wars Marvel universes are bringing in money by the billions? It's not their problem. Sounds like a you (Roland) problem. If fans are coming? They are getting entertained. Not Disney's fault other properties are not as hot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roland is just mad because he hasn't done anything consequential in forever. He is acting like originality issues started with Star Wars and Marvel. LOL. It's been a thing forever in Hollywood.

Besides....as long as Star Wars Marvel universes are bringing in money by the billions? It's not their problem. Sounds like a you (Roland) problem. If fans are coming? They are getting entertained. Not Disney's fault other properties are not as hot.
I agree with Emmerich. And he's not stupid, he knows those movies sell and that's why they keep making them. His point is that continually lowering the bar on originality because the product sells might be great in the short run but not necessarily in the long run.

Speaking solely for myself, I'd much rather watch any of the summer blockbusters of the 90's than any of the comic book adaptations of the past two decades. Granted they were only marginally more original than the Marvel/DC/Star Wars movies. And I'd imagine some directors from the previous eras rightfully looked at those 90's popcorn flicks the same way Roland looks at the more recent superhero stuff.