Movies and Entertainment Twitter Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooof. Right in the feels. JC was a legend.
Man… and they just had to use Every Time You Go Away to just rip your heart out. Any time I hear that song, all I can think about is that insanely bittersweet ending of Planes, Trains and Automobiles that never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

Only clip missing from that was Candy in JFK. Electric performance there.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… and they just had to use Every Time You Go Away to just rip your heart out. Any time I hear that song, all I can think about is that insanely bittersweet ending of Planes, Trains and Automobiles that never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

Only clip missing from that was Candy in JFK. Electric performance there.

Totally forgot his role in JFK. You're so right.

And, yeah, PTaA was one of those rare movies that could have you rolling on the floor with laughter to blubbering like a baby in under two hours.

"To the wives!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot his role in JFK. You're so right.

And, yeah, PTaA was one of those rare movies that could have you rolling on the floor with laughter to blubbering like a baby in under two hours.

"To the wives!"
My favorite Candy PT&A quote didn't actually come from the movie. I was on AOL at the time and right after Candy passed away a very annoying poster claimed Candy was his favorite actor, boasted he was an expert on JC and PT&A was his favorite movie. Then, he regaled us with his favorite Candy line from that film which was "How 'bout them Bares". Anyway, thinking about it makes me smile, because who doesn't love an expert that gets everything wrong?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite Candy PT&A quote didn't actually come from the movie. I was on AOL at the time and right after Candy passed away a very annoying poster claimed Candy was his favorite actor, boasted he was an expert on JC and PT&A was his favorite movie. Then, he regaled us with his favorite Candy line from that film which was "How 'bout them Bares". Anyway, thinking about it makes me smile, because who doesn't love an expert that gets everything wrong?

Love it.

I have a t-shirt that says in all caps, "NUMBER ONE STAR WARS FAN" with a big picture of the original U.S.S. Enterprise. I love how many conversations it starts. You get the full spectrum from the guy who tries to correct me to the ones that say, "me too!"

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prowse went to a premiere of Star Wars and heard for the first time that his voice had been dubbed over by James Earl Jones.

:jedi:

Did they actually have him go into the studio for ADR? If they didn't, I think that should have been a giant hint that they weren't going with his voice. There was no way they would have used anything they picked up on set through that helmet.