Most underrated Cardinals

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1. Antonio Hamilton. Hamilton was an above average corner last year and he will be the Cardinals #2 corner this year.

2. Zach Allen. Last year Allen proved he was an above average Lineman, as he produced more QB pressures than Quinnen Williams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm interested in what your population for "average" is. Are you talking among the 96 starting cornerbacks in the NFL (I'm including slot corner as a position), or are you talking about among the 192 or so total cornerbacks on NFL rosters (assuming each team carries six corners which is generous but for argument).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm interested in what your population for "average" is. Are you talking among the 96 starting cornerbacks in the NFL (I'm including slot corner as a position), or are you talking about among the 192 or so total cornerbacks on NFL rosters (assuming each team carries six corners which is generous but for argument).

Are you interested? Or do you just want to know which one to pick holes in before you start?

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

The average NFL starting QB Rating is 92.

A cornerback who gives up a 92 QB Rating has an average performance.

Anything more is below average performance, anything better is above average.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

The average NFL starting QB Rating is 92.

A cornerback who gives up a 92 QB Rating has an average performance.

Anything more is below average performance, anything better is above average.
Well, you're making a qualitative judgement, not really a quantitative one. Part of what makes your assertion so ridiculous when it comes to Hamilton is your sample size:

You must be registered for see images attach

36 targets! For comparison, Marco Wilson was targeted 74 times his rookie season as a regular starter. Robert Alford was targeted 56 times in the 13 games he played in (and allowed an 81.7 passer rating on those targets). Rasul Douglas had more targets in his first three NFL seasons before his breakout with Green Bay.

It's far more likely that Hamilton's mild outperformance is a result of having to cover essential nobodies as the fourth cornerback in passing situations than we've someone uncovered a 29 year old gem.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, you're making a qualitative judgement, not really a quantitative one. Part of what makes your assertion so ridiculous when it comes to Hamilton is your sample size:

You must be registered for see images attach

36 targets! For comparison, Marco Wilson was targeted 74 times his rookie season as a regular starter. Robert Alford was targeted 56 times in the 13 games he played in (and allowed an 81.7 passer rating on those targets). Rasul Douglas had more targets in his first three NFL seasons before his breakout with Green Bay.

It's far more likely that Hamilton's mild outperformance is a result of having to cover essential nobodies as the fourth cornerback in passing situations than we've someone uncovered a 29 year old gem.

I refer you to this tweet

Are you interested? Or do you just want to know which one to pick holes in before you start?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Nationally?

Or on asfn?

Some of our guys get a lil love nationally... but if you read asfn you will quickly learn they are bums ..wasted resources,...and PFO, or BTN, or FFOA, disagrees with their madden rating and has an obscure stat i spent a week finding the proves beyond a shadow of a doubt..... we are gonna go 3-14 because all our guys are overpaid bums that would never see the field on a real team!

*takes a deep breath*

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll give Beechum a shoutout. He's not a world-beater, but he's been an adequate fill-in.

Beachum has been one of Keims best ever signings.

He's going into year 3. He's missed 1 game in the 2 years here. He's cheaper than a bag of donuts and you don't have to worry about him. He also does a crap tonne in the community.

He's probably the best value player on the team.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id have to go with the Oline in general. Cards havent drafted it at all, or with really an success since DJ and yet it olds together and should be an above average run blocking line…

Although i really hope any future high picks are focused on OL and DL because this cant hold for too long