Most under-appreciated player this season?

Who is the most under-appreciated player on the team this season?

• DJ Humphries

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Christian Kirk

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Jalen Thompson

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Sean Harlow

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Markus Golden

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just curious who you guys think deserves more love than they’ve received so far. I added a few top candidates in my mind.

To start, I think DJ has quietly done his job at one of the most important positions in football for two consecutive years now. He’s been extremely durable and is a team captain.

But what about Jalen Thompson? He’s essentially a clone of Budda…Physical and a sure tackler. He’d get way more love if Budda wasn’t on this team.

IMO Christian Kirk was been rock steady for this team. (And of course it’s in a contract year lol)

For as much as Sean Harlow has played this last month and yet you never hear his name called…Well that’s impressive. Has he potentially surpassed both Josh Jones and Max Garcia on the depth chart?

What else can you say about Markus Golden. Leads the team in sacks and is doing it for pennies. (Still disappointed this defense doesn’t have Golden, CJ & Hasson Reddick harassing the QB, but alas, that’s a topic for another thread)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown is right (wait.. did I just really type that? :) j/k Ouchie). On this board, we're about three steps ahead of national media when it comes to the state of the team, and nobody outside us and maybe the local ARZ media understands that Jalen is arguably our fourth best defensive starter on D behind B. Murphy, M. Golden and B. Baker (assuming Watt is out, and with all due respect to C. Jones).

They don't understand this season Thompson has made about a dozen game-saving tackles, has really stepped up his pass defense, and that we wouldn't be 9-2 without him.

And, Harlow has been a revelation coming off the bench for Pugh at LG but I think maybe I've only seen Krang mention Harlow once or twice. He's been more than solid. Someone did point out how he handled Bosa on one of Conner's touchdown runs against SF, but that's only one example of his above-average play. He's flying under the radar on ASFN.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kirk has made some big catches. Jalen some big tackles. Hard to choose.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All good choices but I went with Harlow. Even without k1 and Hop and Chase etc this offense has kept producing and a large amount of credit goes to the Oline and as Stout posted Harlow filled in admirably.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have mentioned Matt Prater until the Seahawks game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted DJ because I believe I have seen and heard all those other guys getting more praise than him. I know I have praised Harlow more. Jalen, Kirk have been terrific.

The one who shouldn't be a choice here is Golden. He has been getting major props on the radio, news stories, etc. Deserved. But in no way is he under the radar.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I voted DJ because I believe I have seen and heard all those other guys getting more praise than him. I know I have praised Harlow more. Jalen, Kirk have been terrific.

The one who shouldn't be a choice here is Golden. He has been getting major props on the radio, news stories, etc. Deserved. But in no way is he under the radar.
Dj is an odd. Voice to me considering he’s having a okay, but worse than last, year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These polls are always full of recency bias.

Jalen had a good game so it's all Jalen. Kirk has been the best of the bunch, but had a quiet day in the rain yesterday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA