Most Squeamish movies ever thread!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
These movies are scary, per se, but have parts in them that make you want to look away from the screen!

The Marathon Man: The scene where Dustin Hoffman tries to answer truthfully the question, "Is it safe?" while getting his teeth drilled to the nerves. That's hard to watch!

Misery: I can still here Kathy Bates saying something like, "Shhh. we're almost done, Paul." Hard to watch a guy get his feet almost taken off with a sledge hammer!

You get the idea. What are the most squeamish movies ever?

:D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hands down winner for me: Starship Troopers

Something about giant bugs preying on humans gives me nightmares.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
"Hannibal"

The scene where Roy Liotta has his skull cap removed...something about the sound, and the removal and subsequent cooking and comsumption of his brain...that made me want to hurl!

I've seen a lot of "squeemish" stuff in my time, but that scene made me faint.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Pay Back when Mel's toes were blasted off with a hammer was pretty gnarly.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Re: Most Squemish movies ever thread!

Originally posted by Yuma
These movies are scary, per se, but have parts in them that make you want to look away from the screen!

The Marathon Man: The scene where Dustin Hoffman tries to answer truthfully the question, "Is it safe?" while getting his teeth drilled to the nerves. That's hard to watch!

Misery: I can still here Kathy Bates saying something like, "Shhh. we're almost done, Paul." Hard to watch a guy get his feet almost taken off with a sledge hammer!

American History X - when Ed Norton puts the black guys mouth on the concrete curb then kicks him in the back of the head, crushing his teeth...

ooh man...that scene gets to me.

I broke my front 2 teeth diving into a curb & that brings back too many bad memories.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Most Squemish movies ever thread!

Originally posted by maddogkf
American History X - when Ed Norton puts the black guys mouth on the concrete curb then kicks him in the back of the head, crushing his teeth...

ooh man...that scene gets to me.

I broke my front 2 teeth diving into a curb & that brings back too many bad memories.

good call
:thumbup:

another squeamish one:

I think it was Creepshow or Twilight Zone when Ed Bagley's character was screwing Tim Curry's character (he played several character, one was a hideously ugly woman who lived with her parents) to show that he loved her and not the money

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Originally posted by maddogkf

Didn't you learn you're supposed to dive into a pool? :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Irreversible has 2 scenes that are pretty grisly.

For film snobs, Un Chien Andalou is pretty gruesome--the part with a razor slicing an eyeball is pretty cringe-inducing.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Un Chien Andalou is pretty gruesome--the part with a razor slicing an eyeball is pretty cringe-inducing.

That whole short is pretty cringe inducing but I completely lost it when the razor goes into the eye. They used a real cow eye for that effect.

For me, the most gruesome thing I've ever seen took place in Deliverance. If I have to tell you, you don't want to know.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Re: Most Squemish movies ever thread!

Originally posted by Yuma

Didn't bother me even a little after reading the book...

******MISERY BOOK SPOILER*****MISERY BOOK SPOILER*****

In the book, she hacked them off and cauterized the stumps...she also cut off his pinkey finger and put it on his birthday cake with his candles...she also made him drink the bucket water completely, or drown, after she washed up a mess once.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Originally posted by Stout
Didn't bother me even a little after reading the book...

******MISERY BOOK SPOILER*****MISERY BOOK SPOILER*****

In the book, she hacked them off and cauterized the stumps...she also cut off his pinkey finger and put it on his birthday cake with his candles...she also made him drink the bucket water completely, or drown, after she washed up a mess once.

I don't remember the finger or water bucket. And I'm pretty sure she only cut off one of his feet.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The American History X - mouth on the curb got me all squimesh. My jaw still hurts whenever I think about that.

Shawn

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The scene from "The Burbs" when they open the car trunk scared me until I was 15 (so long ago, I know). :)

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
American Me.

Prison rape, with a serrated blade.

Ugh.

The curb job in Amer Hist X was pretty bad, too.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
This is funny and nasty at the same time.

The movie "Dead Alive" when the guy was eating the custard and the mothers ear falls into it right as he takes a bite.

I swear I almost hurled right there. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about.

I loved that movie though.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by PortlandCardFan
This is funny and nasty at the same time.

The movie "Dead Alive" when the guy was eating the custard and the mothers ear falls into it right as he takes a bite.

I swear I almost hurled right there. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about.

I loved that movie though.

See, I thought about Dead Alive as well, but it wasn't really "squeamish" to me, more like disgusting, but a lot of fun at the same time.

Try out Bad Taste or Meet the Feebles--now THERE'S some squeamishness.

Or how about Re-Animator?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
See, I thought about Dead Alive as well, but it wasn't really "squeamish" to me, more like disgusting, but a lot of fun at the same time.

Try out Bad Taste or Meet the Feebles--now THERE'S some squeamishness.

Or how about Re-Animator?

Re-Animator, now THAT was funny. Nothing like a zombie walking around holding his head under his arm and wearing the broken-off head of a lawn gnome on the stump of his neck. Or someone using their decapitated head to do unspeakable things to a tied up naked girl Lol. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the scene in Cast Away where Chuck (Tom Hanks) removes a bad tooth with an ice skate's blade?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
How about the scene in Cast Away where Chuck (Tom Hanks) removes a bad tooth with an ice skate's blade?

Ouch, that did suck.

Mike

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa

Did he take the tooth out? I always got the impression he was just lancing an abcess.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasnt there one of the stories in Creepshow where a guy gets consumed by roaches? I mean roaches everywhere! Crawling out of his ears and nose and mouth YUCK!

I despise roaches and that was extremely squeamish IMO!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose