Most Famous Player You´ve Randomly Run into out in Public

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Muhammad Ali, Larry Fitzgerald 2x, Pat Peterson, Calais Campbell, Shaq, Jonathan Ogden, Mike Tyson, The Gonzales guy who had the famous winning hit in World Series for dbacks???

Oh and on a call almost the entire Jackson family minus Michael. (Domestic dispute)

I know there’s more help @Brian in Mesa
Lol
At work, but off the top of my head I remember Terrell Owens. Then there's JJ Watt, Zach Ertz, Kyler, and plenty of other recent Cards players because you worked hotel security at the Raiders game last year.

Non-players: Trump, Tim Conway, Mel Brooks, Tara Reid, Marcus Luttrell, Tiny Lister, etc.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At work, but off the top of my head I remember Terrell Owens. Then there's JJ Watt, Zach Ertz, Kyler, and plenty of other recent Cards players because you worked hotel security at the Raiders game last year.
Yeah, I met pretty much the whole team but I didn’t consider that random because I was scheduled to work it and I knew what I was working… But yes Terrell Owens thanks lol…. I know there’s more because you always give me **** :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I meant pretty much the whole team but I didn’t consider that random because I was scheduled to work it and I knew what I was working… But yes Terrell Owens thanks lol…. I know there’s more because you always give me **** :)
Added some non-players, too. I know there are plenty more.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
In the Super Bowl year, we happened to be staying at the same hotel as the Cardinals when they were in town for the Rams game. I rode in the elevator with Fitz and his dad. Also road the elevator with Wolfley. I joked that I was just going to ride the elevator all day, lol.
Later that evening in hotel bar, I got talking to Bill Lewis who was the President of Cardinals Alumni and he brought me to a table of old Cards players including Larry Wilson and Jackie Smith.
Even better, he gave his number and said give him a call if I ever wanted tix. He set me up(and Wisconsin Cards) with NFC Championship tickets. It was funny, when I went to Hardy to pick up the tickets, Drew Rosenhaus was standing there in the parking lot.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Charles Barkley, it was spring of '93 at the 7-11 that used to be at 44th and Indian School. I was at a baseball game at Arcadia High School and ran over to grab a drink. While waiting to pay Chuck got in line behind me.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My dad and I nearly ran over Pete Rose back in the 1970’s in St Louis. It was after a Cardinals and Reds game. Pete jumped out in front of my dad’s car, braced himself by placing his hands on the hood of the car, waved at us and ran across the street.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quick funny story (adding to previous one with Pete Caroll). Not me, but my dad used to work at Sony Pictures. He has a bunch of stories of those he bumped into, but his favorite was one time he was in an elevator with Carrie Fisher (and others) and it stopped abruptly.

My dad said "May the force be with us," and she turned to him and gave him the stink eye. This was late 80's.

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Got to do a bar scene with Peter Faulk (Columbo). He was a very nice guy. Walked right up to me and introduced himself. Actually called me sir I couldn’t believe it. The guy directing was Charles Durning for that scene.

Met a lot of musicians back in the day. Used to get backstage passes from my brother in law since he was a director for peaches records stores. Really enjoyed both times I met Bob Seger. I remember watching a girl I was dating get to plant one on Vince Neil when we met Motley Crue. Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx just laughed.

Met a lot of Cards players but most famous player that I met back in the day was Dan Marino when he was still playing for the Dolphins.

Met many Baseball players back in the day at my grandfathers house. He was close friends with Cards 3rd baseman Kenny Boyer. Usually about four players at a time would show up to go hunting and fishing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Muhammad Ali, Larry Fitzgerald 2x, Pat Peterson, Calais Campbell, Shaq, Jonathan Ogden, Mike Tyson, The Gonzales guy who had the famous winning hit in World Series for dbacks???

Oh and on a call almost the entire Jackson family minus Michael. (Domestic dispute)

I know there’s more help @Brian in Mesa
Lol

Mel Brooks is the most famous guy you have met.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Red Rage makes this a cheat. It was like everyone on the team for 2 decades.

Sad it isn't in person anymore.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also training camp in Flagstaff Wendy and I were at the bar with the whole oline. Back then the players all came up to you on the sidelines and thanked you for coming.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Tom Chambers and Jeff Hornacek used to come buy stuff from me at Sears PV Mall in early 90's. Both were super nice to deal with. Met Charles Barkley at Chili's around that time, too.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that Darnell Dockett almost ran me over in the Spouts parking lot on Alma School and Queen Creek a few years back.

Arizona_Steve

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel like the only person here who has never met a Cardinals player. Although I did infiltrate Trump's entourage once and stood about 10 feet from him when he was breaking ground on the Trump Tower in Chicago several decades back.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wendy got tickets for us to Matt Leinarts Super Bowl private party. The only red carpet event I have ever been to. I have no idea how two fans got into this but apparently my wife is much more likable than I am.

Everything went to Phoenix Children's Hospital. Apparently Leinart went there every week to visit with the kids and it was never publicized. There were tons of pictures of him with sick kids. It was beautiful and sad at the same time. He told everyone how important the hospital was and was selling a bunch of stuff for the hospital.

At the time I had thought that Leinart was this spoiled hot tub douche and man I was wrong. It taught me that what you read isn't everything

We hung out with Kurt most of the night because he was just a guy. He wore jeans and a jean jacket to a black tie affair. Hilarious.

Jurecki was there and he was really approachable. We talked Cards for like an hour and he wasn't a dick at all. I wonder what happened to that guy.

I ran into Wisenhunt and thanked him for getting us to 8-8 for the first time in a decade and he legit got pissed and told me how 8-8 is never good enough. He was taking us to the Superbowl.

I had a drink with Stephen Jackson and asked him how much he liked Scottsdale. I told him we would love him here. He laughed and said "You guys got Edge you don't need me". Turns out we totally did.

The bar was an open one obviously and I had a glass of Hennessey with the Buffalo Bills offensive line. I thought, any of these guys could just pick me up and eat me.

Finally for dinner Wendy and I were sat at the kicker table. Hilarious!! It was Player and Rackers. Rackers wife was really pretty but super insecure. She ranted about how she hated him winning the most handsome guy in the NFL and was mad some "bitch" was wearing her husbands jersey on TV.

I told Player how he great he was as a punter. How maybe his leg isn't what it was 10 years ago but he could coffin corner it all day. Leg isn't everything but limiting the returns is super important and I appreciate it. Rackers laughed and told me I should be an agent.

After that I sat with Adub and we talked about his up coming contract.

None of this is remotely exaggerated. You can ask @Jersey Girl

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr