Most Contentious QB Discussion?

which Cardinals QB debate was the most contentious?

• Total voters

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about Plummer vs Kent Graham?

That debate shows just how much credit a player could buy back then for beating the Cowboys.

Side note: I wish I still had the piece of turf I ripped off the field following that game

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think it has been very contentious in the sense of Rosen vs Murray, just Murray. Very few here are thinking Rosen is going to be a great QB, most assume he can be average at best. Problem with Murray is he is not worth a #1 overall and we are not QB desperate. If Rosen stinks it up another year that will change and if we could get Murray for a song this year it would be worth a flier for a QB competition but that ain't happening.

The whole debate is if Murray is a once in a generation QB opportunity or just another QB with potential but with a high bust possibility. I think most sane people are in the latter camp.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would be a whole different story if KK was here last year and his offense was shown to be quite productive but he really needed a small shifty QB like Murray to get it to the next level and maximize the scheme. But for all we know KK falls flat on his face, his offense doesn't produce NFL results and or otherwise cannot lead this team to success. Then what? At best you have a QB who can play in a system that doesn't work and at worst you have a bust QB that you cannot even factor into your future, again.

Risk reward is not there for Murray. Your could convince me better of taking Haskins than Murray and even that doesn't make sense for us right now.

I think anyone who is putting extra value into Murray because of our coach is misguided because there is nothing to suggest at this point our coach can deliver either. Both have zero NFL style sample size and one couldn't hack it at the college level.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be a whole different story if KK was here last year and his offense was shown to be quite productive but he really needed a small shifty QB like Murray to get it to the next level and maximize the scheme. But for all we know KK falls flat on his face, his offense doesn't produce NFL results and or otherwise cannot lead this team to success. Then what? At best you have a QB who can play in a system that doesn't work and at worst you have a bust QB that you cannot even factor into your future, again.

Risk reward is not there for Murray. Your could convince me better of taking Haskins than Murray and even that doesn't make sense for us right now.

I think anyone who is putting extra value into Murray because of our coach is misguided because there is nothing to suggest at this point our coach can deliver either. Both have zero NFL style sample size and one couldn't hack it at the college level.
On recording not sure which way we should go. However, if KK falls on his face much won’t matter. It won’t matter if we have Murray or Rosen. We will be the Cleveland Browns of the 2020 decade.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
On recording not sure which way we should go. However, if KK falls on his face much won’t matter. It won’t matter if we have Murray or Rosen. We will be the Cleveland Browns of the 2020 decade.
My simple feeling is there is less of a chance failing with Rosen then there is with Murray based on experience alone and the fact that Murray simply played one year alone of College ball that is all and most likley the line he had in Oklahoma was better then then what. We have here right now I said earlier he will most likely be folded up like a pretzel sometime this year

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My simple feeling is there is less of a chance failing with Rosen then there is with Murray based on experience alone and the fact that Murray simply played one year alone of College ball that is all and most likley the line he had in Oklahoma was better then then what. We have here right now I said earlier he will most likely be folded up like a pretzel sometime this year
The crazy thing is you could be right. Then again you could be wrong.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Drafting Leinart was one of my favorite all time Cardinal draft memories. I felt like we stole him at the time.

However, dumping him wasn't premature or foolish as the rest of his career proved.

Hopefully, Rosen isn't Leinart 2.0

You must be registered for see images attach
we dont know how leinart would have played out had green stayed the coach. wis hated that kid from day one
leinart broke cardinal records as a rookie.
just goes to show that the situation is important when you draft a qb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave