Most Contentious QB Discussion?

which Cardinals QB debate was the most contentious?

• Total voters

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I've posted on here for most, if not all of the contentious QB battles, where fans sided with one QB and spit puke and vitriol towards the other side. Seems like the same dynamic is happening here with Murray v. Rosen.

Simple poll - which Cardinals QB debate was the most contentious; the one that got your blood boiling the most?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Plummer vs Kent Graham?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I recall a 2007 game in Baltimore. The Raven embarrassed Leinart in the 1st half & we were down big. Wiz inserted Warner after the half & Warner lit up a very good Ravens D by throwing for almost 300 yards in a half. Bolden was an absolute beast too. Rackets missed a chip shot FG, then Stovers kicked a 53 yarder (longest of his career) on the last play of the game. Kick was set up by a bs roughing penalty on AW, when he put a legal, but monster hit on Heap.

When I got home, I started a thread saying that Warner was the best QB on our roster. I was harassed nonstop. Oh well.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't remember Leinart vs. Warner being this bad, which is interesting, because I had much man-love for Leinart.

Edit: To the point that at Leinart's Super Bowl party I practically cold shouldered Kurt and spent one too many minutes gushing to Leinart about how he was going to take us to the Super Bowl... oops on that one.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recall a 2007 game in Baltimore. The Raven embarrassed Leinart in the 1st half & we were down big. Wiz inserted Warner after the half & Warner lit up a very good Ravens D by throwing for almost 300 yards in a half. Bolden was an absolute beast too. Rackets missed a chip shot FG, then Stovers kicked a 53 yarder (longest of his career) on the last play of the game. Kick was set up by a bs roughing penalty on AW, when he put a legal, but monster hit on Heap.

When I got home, I started a thread saying that Warner was the best QB on our roster. I was harassed nonstop. Oh well.
Was that the game where we could have challenged a play and it would have been overturned but we didn't have a timeout?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Oh man Leinart vs Warner was rough
That was my vote. I thought this board was going to go “under maintenance” for the entire offseason. That was awful and I can only imagine what it was like for you moderators.

Also I’m surprised Kolb/Skelton is getting no love. That’s was pretty brutal too

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I liked Warner but I always felt Leinart didn`t get a real extended chance with the Cards.Only 17 starts in 4 years .and 16 in in first 2 years 7-10 as Cards starting QB.Glad Warner was around but dumping Leinart was premature and foolish.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

I was there with you! hahaha

Adub got that horrible PI call on todd Heap costing us the win.

No matter what happens here with Rosen v. Murray ------ Warner v. Leinart was worse IMO.

Also, surprised that Boldin v. Fitz wasn't able to be voted on.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What! WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!

No. Nope. Notta.

Yes, Warner/Leinart was a great debate.

But, the argument of comparing the suck-a-tude of Kolb vs. Skelton was for almost 2 YEARS!

Kolb's injury prone-ness just elongated that till it lasted, in what felt like forever.

I cannot believe I am the only one to vote on that.

You must be registered for see images attach

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I liked Warner but I always felt Leinart didn`t get a real extended chance with the Cards.Only 17 starts in 4 years .and 16 in in first 2 years 7-10 as Cards starting QB.Glad Warner was around but dumping Leinart was premature and foolish.

Proved to be the right move, Leinart never went on to do much after that and was given ample opportunity.

I was Pro-Leinart, btw.

Yup. Probably by me. :D

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What! WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!

No. Nope. Notta.

Yes, Warner/Leinart was a great debate.

But, the argument of comparing the suck-a-tude of Kolb vs. Skelton was for almost 2 YEARS!

Kolb's injury prone-ness just elongated that till it lasted, in what felt like forever.

I cannot believe I am the only one to vote on that.

I think most fans blank the Kolb mini-era.Poor guy got head scrambled so often he reired before 30 I do believe.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I think most fans blank the Kolb mini-era.Poor guy got head scrambled so often he reired before 30 I do believe.

Yeah. I read somewhere that he gets dizzy when he looks at bright lights and has to wear sunglasses indoors.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Glad Warner was around but dumping Leinart was premature and foolish.

Drafting Leinart was one of my favorite all time Cardinal draft memories. I felt like we stole him at the time.

However, dumping him wasn't premature or foolish as the rest of his career proved.

Hopefully, Rosen isn't Leinart 2.0

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to say...

Josh McCown v Shaun King was a doozy.

And, that Shane Boyd craziness was off the hook.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being made of glass didn't help. He got hurt in 2007 and KW showed he was the right choice. He did have a decent game against Tennessee in 2009 thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk