Morning thoughts

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they cost you 14 points and turn the momentum, they do.

Nope! Kyler played an average game despite having no TDs, missing a wide open TD, throwing two killer picks and leading out team to 8 points below our AVERAGE ppg. Because he got lots of YARDS!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Moral victories? Talk about moving the goal posts. I am trying to accurately gauge the game play across, you know, the entire game.
How many points do they get yards? How many for completions? That’s right, none of you can’t finish the drive and REALLY none if you give the ball to the other team. He had zero TDs and 2 turnovers in the red zone. No one connected with pro football would say that was anything but a bad game. If he brought us back the narrative would’ve been he brought us back despite playing poorly earlier. But he didn’t bring us back. So all that remains is he played poorly.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We shut him down in week 4. He was nowhere near as effective as he’s been all year.
On paper it looks like we shut him down, if Stafford was on target he would've had some nice stats. Kupp was open on several throws that would've been long gains only for Stafford to be off target.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper it looks like we shut him down, if Stafford was on target he would've had some nice stats. Kupp was open on several throws that would've been long gains only for Stafford to be off target.

yes but his bad throws were also caused by our defense. People forget early in that game they ran essentially the same play that he hit twice on monday, a roll right throw back deep ball to DeSean Jackson, and Byron Murphy undercut it and picked it. That's because Stafford had a tougher throw because Murphy was deeper on the route fearing Jackson's speed so he was BEHIND D Jax and then cut in front. In the throw to Kupp, he was even with or slightly in front and tried to jump it and the throw went over him. If he has better depth that play might not get completed. Great throw and the one to Kupp was a longer throw, but a big part of the difference on those 2 plays was how Murphy played them.

The deep one to Jefferson that was because of their run game, it got Jalen Thompson to step up on the fake handoff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how about missing a WIDE-OPEN Green on a 30 yard TD? Or about how about throwing a bad pass to another WIDE-OPEN Moore who was behind the defense and putting it where he not only had to stop but contort himself to keep him in bounds on that 30 yarder Kyler missed because Moore couldn't stay in bounds?

when 2 plays give a 14 point swing of points and you leave another...

forget it. you're right. yards are what determine who wins NFL football games.

you're like Kevin Green talking trash to the Cowboys telling them the Steelers held the Cowboys to less than 100 yards... AFTER LOSING THE SUPER BOWL.

It's stupid. He had two KILLER turnovers, missed multiple BIG plays, threw for zero touchdowns, had a massive brain-fart at the end of the game with not spiking the ball and we scored 8 points below our average. Heavy wears the crowd for the leader of the offense. He's been the King of it for most of the season and worn it very very well, but on that night, the crown got knocked off.

it happens. doesn't mean he's terrible and will never be good. doesn't even mean he was terrible on Monday night. He wasn't. But he had a below average game and literally everyone who watched and isn't the biggest of Kyler fanboys agree with that, both here and in the media.
He missed a wide open Green because he had to unleash the pass WAY before he wanted to with severe pressure in his face. Rams had 14 QB hurries, which may be an NFL record. That miss was 100% on the OL. If not for Murray, the Rams would have had double digit sacks as they completely destroyed our OL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He missed a wide open Green because he had to unleash the pass WAY before he wanted to with severe pressure in his face. Rams had 14 QB hurries, which may be an NFL record. That miss was 100% on the OL. If not for Murray, the Rams would have had double digit sacks as they completely destroyed our OL.
That’s bull. If he waited any longer green would have been out of the end zone. Even Kyler was pissed at himself and clearly mouthed “I can’t believe I MISSED HIM” even he knows he messed it up and you guys still try to defend him. We promise it’s ok to criticize when he makes a mistake.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That’s bull. If he waited any longer green would have been out of the end zone. Even Kyler was pissed at himself and clearly mouthed “I can’t believe I MISSED HIM” even he knows he messed it up and you guys still try to defend him. We promise it’s ok to criticize when he makes a mistake.

I've got the game DVR'ed. I agree with PA that he got pressure early on that play, but let me go back and check to see if he still had a fair chance on that throw Shane.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got the game DVR'ed. I agree with PA that he got pressure early on that play, but let me go back and check to see if he still had a fair chance on that throw Shane.
Even Kyler knows he missed it it’s clear as day. The announcers knew it. As open as he was even with some pressure that throw needs to be made. He is out out Pat Mahomes for goodness sake and our transcendent all world talent. That throw 100% should have been completed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Even Kyler knows he missed it it’s clear as day. The announcers knew it. As open as he was even with some pressure that throw needs to be made. He is out out Pat Mahomes for goodness sake and our transcendent all world talent. That throw 100% should have been completed.
There's a lot of fault that went into play. All deserves a bit of blame. Low snap from Hudson throws the timing off a tad, Garcia gets destroyed/pressure in his face, but the biggest factor imo is DJ getting driven right into Kyler's front leg.
You must be registered for see images attach

Kyler's throw was off, but I think that helped push it out of bounds. If not for that AJ probably still gets to the ball.

The Dline won on that play and Kyler wasnt good enough to overcome it. He'd been better dropping even further back like he did vs the Titans and Vikings.

Sucks but hopefully they all get better.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking at this pretty much tells me I think we should go OG in the 1st over EDGE. Then go EDGE in the 2nd. I really don’t want us to become Seattle-lite.
And Rams seem to have Russell Wilson's # as well. Good thing is the team recognizes the issue. Vera Tucker was rumored to us before the Jets got him. Not that thats hes been great either.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yes but his bad throws were also caused by our defense. People forget early in that game they ran essentially the same play that he hit twice on monday, a roll right throw back deep ball to DeSean Jackson, and Byron Murphy undercut it and picked it. That's because Stafford had a tougher throw because Murphy was deeper on the route fearing Jackson's speed so he was BEHIND D Jax and then cut in front. In the throw to Kupp, he was even with or slightly in front and tried to jump it and the throw went over him. If he has better depth that play might not get completed. Great throw and the one to Kupp was a longer throw, but a big part of the difference on those 2 plays was how Murphy played them.

The deep one to Jefferson that was because of their run game, it got Jalen Thompson to step up on the fake handoff.
Thompson most definitely wasn't deep enough on that throw.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of those 'cost' was a tipped ball fluke. Sigh.
Better throw doesn't get tipped. And He has lead the league in tipped balls to years running. Is that really a fluke? (yes I know he's been better this year so far buuuut)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better throw doesn't get tipped. And He has lead the league in tipped balls 2 years running. Is that really a fluke? (yes I know he's been better this year so far buuuut)

Ifs and buts

Last edited by a moderator:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about missing a WIDE-OPEN Green on a 30 yard TD? Or about how about throwing a bad pass to another WIDE-OPEN Moore who was behind the defense and putting it where he not only had to stop but contort himself to keep him in bounds on that 30 yarder Kyler missed because Moore couldn't stay in bounds?

when 2 plays give a 14 point swing of points and you leave another...

forget it. you're right. yards are what determine who wins NFL football games.

you're like Kevin Green talking trash to the Cowboys telling them the Steelers held the Cowboys to less than 100 yards... AFTER LOSING THE SUPER BOWL.

It's stupid. He had two KILLER turnovers, missed multiple BIG plays, threw for zero touchdowns, had a massive brain-fart at the end of the game with not spiking the ball and we scored 8 points below our average. Heavy wears the crowd for the leader of the offense. He's been the King of it for most of the season and worn it very very well, but on that night, the crown got knocked off.

it happens. doesn't mean he's terrible and will never be good. doesn't even mean he was terrible on Monday night. He wasn't. But he had a below average game and literally everyone who watched and isn't the biggest of Kyler fanboys agree with that, both here and in the media.

Why do you keep doing this? It doesn't prove any point.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many points do they get yards? How many for completions? That’s right, none of you can’t finish the drive and REALLY none if you give the ball to the other team. He had zero TDs and 2 turnovers in the red zone. No one connected with pro football would say that was anything but a bad game. If he brought us back the narrative would’ve been he brought us back despite playing poorly earlier. But he didn’t bring us back. So all that remains is he played poorly.

I think the narrative, at least locally, would have been about letting the Rams score on 6 straight possessions, and the offensive line letting Donald run amok, not on Kyler's 'bad' game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As usual, you’re wrong again when it comes to Murray. You better go back & watch that game again. He had to throw that while under way more pressure than there should have been.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As usual, you’re wrong again when it comes to Murray. You better go back & watch that game again. He had to throw that while under way more pressure than there should have been.
I’ve watched and re watched it. Your man love won’t let you see anything negative. Even your boy himself knows damn well he shoulda completed it. Lol live in that fantasy world. It’s cool we can agree to disagree.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve watched and re watched it. Your man love won’t let you see anything negative. Even your boy himself knows damn well he shoulda completed it. Lol live in that fantasy world. It’s cool we can agree to disagree.
You're getting at that age where you better have your eyes checked more thoroughly;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave