More Love for Quan!

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Who is Anquan Boldin and should he be on my team?

I don't care who you are or where you were drafted -- if you catch 10 passes for 217 yards and two touchdowns, you're going to be on a fantasy team. Cardinals head coach Dave McGinnis referred to Boldin as a "playmaker," adding that the Detroit game "was just a glimpse of what he can do." Yowsers!

Gil Brandt, the guru of fantasy football, did a whole spread on Boldin and what he's all about. But there's a few things he didn't touch on. One, Cardinals QB Jeff Blake threw Boldin's way 15 times! That means that Boldin is not only a top target, but he's also got great hands because he nabbed 10 of those 15 balls. Two, Blake is known for "making" great receivers. Last year in Baltimore, he put Travis Taylor and Todd Heap on the map. And in New Orleans, he made Joe Horn a fantasy legend. So Blake has a knack for finding the top receivers on his team and throwing to them incessantly.

This begs the question: Is Boldin Blake's next pet project? Time will tell, but having him on a fantasy roster is a must. If you have him, don't start him unless he's the best matchup you have -- put him on the bench and hope for the best. Who knows, he could be this year's Chad Johnson, and that could be nothing but good news for those that own him (especially the Cardinals).

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I really don't care for it either

It is just that I'm a Cardinal fan and I don't have the time or passion to root for players in games that are meaningless except for the pot of money these guys play for. Fantasy football is basically a format for people who love football not really a particular team because if you did like a team and where a die-hard fan you would not have the energy or interest to be concerned with other players that in my case don't wear Cardinal red (or ehhh, Cardinal blue?).

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I don't know why, but I just can't stand fantasy football.
Maybe because it puts more emphasis on individual performance rather than the great team game that it is? Some fans get really obsessed and creepy about FF.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love fantasy football, and while I understand those of you who don't like it, it's really an amazing tool to get to know the entire league, and all its players.

Not to mention their stats and tendencies. I think it's a great way to follow the league.

Baseball is the same way for me.

Mike

Redleg

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at Fantasy (ooh) Football, and I included "Big Bang" on my roster. Took a lot of flak over it but won last week and have been serving up big hot steaming bowls of crow all week. :thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
Maybe because it puts more emphasis on individual performance rather than the great team game that it is? Some fans get really obsessed and creepy about FF.

Agreed.

Priorities are important:

1. Cardinals
2. FF

:thumbup:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fantasy Football makes you pay attention to the entire league if you want to do well. It also makes EVERY game just about something to root for. Sort of like betting. But without the risk.