more genius...

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The following myths MUST be addressed by anyone who has a thirst for the Truth.

MYTH: Amare is a High Schooler.

REALITY: How many 20 year old high schoolers do you know????

MYTH: Amare is better than Garnett.

REALITY: Amare's rookie numbers are really no different than KG's with a few glaring exceptions: KG was 18 not 20 like Amare, KG had better defensive stats, KG didn't start the whole year and played fewer minutes.

MYTH: Amare is the Next Great Power Forward.

REALITY: He has one power move and the league has already figured out how to shut him down.

MYTH: Amare is tough.

REALITY: Put it this way, if you get intimidated by the NY Knicks you are in trouble playing in the West.

MYTH: Amare will be a top 20, top 10, top 5 player.

REALITY: With Zero defensive game and a chippy, selfish, "Meburry" like attitude he will never crack the top 50 in thie league. His trouble with agents and coaches does not bode well. He has "problem child" and "head case" written all over him.

MYTH: Amare is Rookie of the Year.

REALITY: He will be lucky to make the top 5 the way he is fading down the stretch. His complete humiliation during the dunk contest is what most people will remember about this kid for years to come.

Any comments? - prontppupp espn phx board

:thumbup: spot on buddy...

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
tts, i hope you are being sarcastic...because that is the most pathetic post i have ever read.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I understand the end correctly tts did not write that. He copied it from some jackass on the ESPN Phoenix Suns message board. At least that's what I hope it was.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
But he said: "Spot on Buddy!" after the post.

Im hoping that was sarcasm.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Looks like jealousy to me.

People who don't like Stoudemire as a player are just mad they didn't draft him.

I could respond to many of those points.....not sure I want to spend the time to do so.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
True, Amare has been pretty flat lately, but that's probably expected from a guy who has only played two years of high school ball. Give him the off-season and he will developed his game even further. (with the help of Charles Barkley. Just you watch)

He'll come into next year and put up 17-10 numbers. But in his third year I expect him to put up all-star numbers.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish the other Phoenix Suns players would move around more making cuts to the basket when Amare Stoudemire is drawing double and triple teams in the post. I think he has shown that he can make the passes to get his teammates easy baskets.

Joe Mama

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Joe, I just wish the Suns would move without the basketball period! I just don't like seeing four players standing and watching Stephon or -enny play one on one, or watch Amare try to beat three people in the low post.

fordronken

Reaction score
This post just points out what we've been trying to talk around all season: We should have drafted Jared Jeffries, just like David Aldridge said.

OP
OP
3rdside

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
tts, i hope you are being sarcastic...because that is the most pathetic post i have ever read.

absolutely sarcastic - though this post is not quite pathetic as the one titled 'funny post' - see previous threads...

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
This post just points out what we've been trying to talk around all season: We should have drafted Jared Jeffries, just like David Aldridge said.

We can still trade Amare for Jeffries in the offseason and hire Aldridge as the head of the scouting deartment.

:D

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
whew, thanks for clarifying your sarcasm tts. I was about to physically remove you from this board! :D ;)

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
Joe, I just wish the Suns would move without the basketball period! I just don't like seeing four players standing and watching Stephon or -enny play one on one, or watch Amare try to beat three people in the low post.

How true! Almost every game I come close to getting thrown out of my own house for yelling MOVE MOVE MOVE!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose