Model S Plaid delivery event 6/10

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they need the German gigafactory finished for that one. Main market is Europe for that car, to go against Golfs.

I was reading speculation that Tesla China is the one behind the model 2.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
model 2 is rumored to be a 25k vehicle but likely a few years out. Once it does, it will likely replace my ladies hyundai. She drives for a living and the 2020 hyundai already has 70k miles on it so its too late to switch it up and will just keep driving this until model 2 is available.
Replace the Hyundai with another one, the Ioniq 5 is really good. And 800v chargers faster than Tesla

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm over it. My truck will have over 500 miles range and it will be plenty. The only time I should ever have to fully charge it is on a road trip and if I have to take a 30 minute break every 500 miles, its really not a big deal. that's 6-8 hours of driving. By then I'm starved and need to stretch anyway.

99% of my driving is less than 500 miles so no reason to concern myself with range. I will plug it in at home when needed and most the time, because of solar on the truck gaining 15 miles per day, I usually wont even have to plug in.

I don't know if the general public will ever be over the convenience of gasoline powered cars, unless they are banned.

If there is a 25k model 2, it would likely be my next car purchase when my Camry dies.. (if it does)

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How long does it take to charge most cars from empty to full? Who wants to wait to fill up your car more than 10 min like in a gas powered car. Unless you are shopping at the mall, or going to WalMart, it doesn't seem to work for most people. (yes, they have charging stations at my local WalMart) The range just puts people off.

Ioniq 5 can charge from 10% to 80% in just 18 minutes, at a 350-kw DC fast-charger, and it can recover 68 miles of range in about five minutes.

When the range will pass 450 miles no one will buy an ICE car, EV will be superior in all metric ICE will be obsolete.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I drove a Tesla, I knew I was fully onboard with switching to EV. After one single drive. It's just a whole nother machine. I have no use for a sedan or I would have bought a model 3 years ago. I've now driven my buddies model 3 on multiple occasions, went a distance in auto pilot and more. I cannot wait to make the move.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know if the general public will ever be over the convenience of gasoline powered cars, unless they are banned.

If there is a 25k model 2, it would likely be my next car purchase when my Camry dies.. (if it does)

Camry so that gives you at least 25 more years, that is if you never change the oil !

Gasoline cars will have no advantage. EV charge overnight and is full every day. ICE you have to go to a gas station.

Also won’t be in production for much longer.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camry so that gives you at least 25 more years, that is if you never change the oil !

Gasoline cars will have no advantage. EV charge overnight and is full every day. ICE you have to go to a gas station.

Also won’t be in production for much longer.
This too. The only time you need a supercharger is on a road trip so the convenience of ICE is only there once or twice a year for the average person. Having a full tank every morning is far more convenient to me than saving 15 minutes per fuel up on a road trip.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I drove a Tesla, I knew I was fully onboard with switching to EV. After one single drive. It's just a whole nother machine. I have no use for a sedan or I would have bought a model 3 years ago. I've now driven my buddies model 3 on multiple occasions, went a distance in auto pilot and more. I cannot wait to make the move.

I haven't driven one, but I have been in one. Linda has driven one though. I am Tesla all the way.

There is a 'stigma' out there about EV and it won't go away until they can equal or surpass gasoline.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't driven one, but I have been in one. Linda has driven one though. I am Tesla all the way.

There is a 'stigma' out there about EV and it won't go away until they can equal or surpass gasoline.

Yeah I think the stigma is just people resisting change though. Again, if you left with a full tank every morning, I see no "convenience" in gassing up the vehicle unless on a road trip and personally, I only drive over 400 miles a few times a year and have no issue with stopping for 15 minutes to get through the final leg. I'd much rather have a full tank daily and not have to go to gas stations weekly while commuting than to have a shorter pit stop on an occasional road trip. I hear lots of nonsense about the cars. My mom thinks they "blow up". My father in law thinks the democrats will "force us to drive EV's". people tell me they are not "dependable" and more. None of it is true but it is what it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think the stigma is just people resisting change though. Again, if you left with a full tank every morning, I see no "convenience" in gassing up the vehicle unless on a road trip and personally, I only drive over 400 miles a few times a year and have no issue with stopping for 15 minutes to get through the final leg. I'd much rather have a full tank daily and not have to go to gas stations weekly while commuting than to have a shorter pit stop on an occasional road trip. I hear lots of nonsense about the cars. My mom thinks they "blow up". My father in law thinks the democrats will "force us to drive EV's". people tell me they are not "dependable" and more. None of it is true but it is what it is.

Indeed. One of my problems with going EV... I pretty much filled up both my main electrical and sub panel so I'd have to do some pretty major electrical rewiring to get the circuit installed. Not a big expense, considering the price of a car, but an added expense nonetheless.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed. One of my problems with going EV... I pretty much filled up both my main electrical and sub panel so I'd have to do some pretty major electrical rewiring to get the circuit installed. Not a big expense, considering the price of a car, but an added expense nonetheless.
The 60 amp charger is likely a necessity, for sure. Regular charging would be far too slow and would result in at least one supercharger stop a month to get back up to 80-90% charge.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is stupid fast. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with cars this fast being street legal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is stupid fast. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with cars this fast being street legal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It is pretty wild. But, the goal of being the fastest but also safest and most advanced vehicle all in one was accomplished it appears

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211