Model S Plaid delivery event 6/10

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't driven one, but I have been in one. Linda has driven one though. I am Tesla all the way.

There is a 'stigma' out there about EV and it won't go away until they can equal or surpass gasoline.

Yeah I think the stigma is just people resisting change though. Again, if you left with a full tank every morning, I see no "convenience" in gassing up the vehicle unless on a road trip and personally, I only drive over 400 miles a few times a year and have no issue with stopping for 15 minutes to get through the final leg. I'd much rather have a full tank daily and not have to go to gas stations weekly while commuting than to have a shorter pit stop on an occasional road trip. I hear lots of nonsense about the cars. My mom thinks they "blow up". My father in law thinks the democrats will "force us to drive EV's". people tell me they are not "dependable" and more. None of it is true but it is what it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think the stigma is just people resisting change though. Again, if you left with a full tank every morning, I see no "convenience" in gassing up the vehicle unless on a road trip and personally, I only drive over 400 miles a few times a year and have no issue with stopping for 15 minutes to get through the final leg. I'd much rather have a full tank daily and not have to go to gas stations weekly while commuting than to have a shorter pit stop on an occasional road trip. I hear lots of nonsense about the cars. My mom thinks they "blow up". My father in law thinks the democrats will "force us to drive EV's". people tell me they are not "dependable" and more. None of it is true but it is what it is.

Indeed. One of my problems with going EV... I pretty much filled up both my main electrical and sub panel so I'd have to do some pretty major electrical rewiring to get the circuit installed. Not a big expense, considering the price of a car, but an added expense nonetheless.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed. One of my problems with going EV... I pretty much filled up both my main electrical and sub panel so I'd have to do some pretty major electrical rewiring to get the circuit installed. Not a big expense, considering the price of a car, but an added expense nonetheless.
The 60 amp charger is likely a necessity, for sure. Regular charging would be far too slow and would result in at least one supercharger stop a month to get back up to 80-90% charge.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is stupid fast. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with cars this fast being street legal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is stupid fast. I’m not sure I’m comfortable with cars this fast being street legal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It is pretty wild. But, the goal of being the fastest but also safest and most advanced vehicle all in one was accomplished it appears