Mock draft

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you per se. my motives are that this team has more holes than Augusta and it would be worth it to move back a bit to get another higher pick. There is still value there and according to Walter Football, Samuel is there in that slot so you're still getting a very good WR at 38. That's what makes making that trade a good one for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, now I understand.

Yes, actually, it was between Brown and Samuel – even at #33, but like you, I think Samuel could be available a bit later. I really like Samuel, especially for Kingsbury’s perceived offense. For me the deciding factor was his broken leg as late as 2017. Based on last season it shouldn’t be a problem, but it was enough to me as a tie breaker that early in the draft.

I think my view is more that it is not only a matter of getting quantity, but to create depth by adding to the top, if you can say it like that. By relegating current key players to backups by drafting better players than them, and making the overall quality of the team better with that method. Like you said, there might not be much different between #33 and #40, but there IS a difference, which is enough for me to favor the better player over two or three players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, my assessment of Burns is that he has all the tools but very limited technique, and overall knowledge of how to use those tools. I could also see him go top 10, or at the very least in the first round, but I wouldn’t do it.

I was wondering, one “trade down” scenario could be taking Murray and selling Rosen for a first round pick. Would you be okay with that? I think I maybe would. Whatever you think of Murray (and believe me, I don’t have high hopes that he will survive in the NFL), it’s hard to deny that he is an exiting player, and that it would possible be very fun to see the Cardinals with him at the helm. However, I think he is extremely fortunate to play behind that offensive line at Oklahoma. Very rarely did he get touched or even pressured. Which is where my point comes in. What about taking Murray #1, sell Rosen and pick up maybe Lindstrom, Bradbury or another offensive lineman in the middle of round one?

Just to be clear, I don’t want the mentioned scenario to happen, but maybe it could be an option.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2019/futures-brian-burns

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Okay, now I understand.

Yes, actually, it was between Brown and Samuel – even at #33, but like you, I think Samuel could be available a bit later. I really like Samuel, especially for Kingsbury’s perceived offense. For me the deciding factor was his broken leg as late as 2017. Based on last season it shouldn’t be a problem, but it was enough to me as a tie breaker that early in the draft.

I think my view is more that it is not only a matter of getting quantity, but to create depth by adding to the top, if you can say it like that. By relegating current key players to backups by drafting better players than them, and making the overall quality of the team better with that method. Like you said, there might not be much different between #33 and #40, but there IS a difference, which is enough for me to favor the better player over two or three players.

Brown is a big slot guy. He also ran a real limited route three at Ole Miss. That means he will need to learn a lot coming into the league.

That's one of the reasons I like Deebo a lot more, he lined up all over the field. Broken legs are freak injuries and arent indicative of future injuries.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That’s an idea, Wild. I did consider Tytus Howard out of Alabama State, but I have both Smith and Prescod rated over him.

I should have linked to the whole mock draft. I am sorry about that. You can click here to see it.
Man that's a tough pick there. Many ways to go here. You went Edge, WR one, two. OL there is Howard, Edward's, Deiter, Jenkins.

I'd go either Edward's or Jenkins. Jenkins if you want a starter right away.

Still some GREAT WR options if you want to double down on the outside and have Fitz and Kirk in the slots or trips wide.

3 (67). Indianapolis Colts (from 49ers) - WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
4 (68). Cleveland Browns (from Jets) - S Johnathan Abram
5 (69). Buffalo Bills (from Jaguars) - WR Kelvin Harmon
6 (70). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Tytus Howard
– (–). New York Giants Selection forfeited during the 2018 supplemental draft.
7 (71). Denver Broncos - LB Mack Wilson
8 (72). Cincinnati Bengals - OT David Edwards
9 (73). New England Patriots (from Lions) - LB Christian Miller,
10 (74). Jacksonville Jaguars (from Bills) - WR Riley Ridley
11 (75). Green Bay Packers - OG Michael Deiter
12 (76). Washington Redskins - CB Joejuan Williams
13 (77). Carolina Panthers - DE Zach Allen
14 (78). Detroit Lions (form Dolphins) - WR Andy Isabella
15 (79). Atlanta Falcons - DE Anthony Nelson
16 (80). New York Jets (from Browns) - C Elgton Jenkins
17 (81). Minnesota Vikings - DT Trysten Hill
18 (82). San Francisco 49ers (from Titans) - CB Trayvon Mullen

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brown is a big slot guy. He also ran a real limited route three at Ole Miss. That means he will need to learn a lot coming into the league.

That's one of the reasons I like Deebo a lot more, he lined up all over the field. Broken legs are freak injuries and arent indicative of future injuries.

I disagree. He was often used as a big slot guy, but that doesn’t mean it is his best position. I think he has shown multiple times he can easily play other receiver positions as well, and I don’t think he needs to learn a lot. Not more than all other receiver prospects, anyway.

Regarding Burns, yes, I know how many are enamored with him, but I just don’t agree. I don’t see an advanced edge rusher. I see a great athlete.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man that's a tough pick there. Many ways to go here. You went Edge, WR one, two. OL there is Howard, Edward's, Deiter, Jenkins.

I'd go either Edward's or Jenkins. Jenkins if you want a starter right away.

Still some GREAT WR options if you want to double down on the outside and have Fitz and Kirk in the slots or trips wide.

3 (67). Indianapolis Colts (from 49ers) - WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
4 (68). Cleveland Browns (from Jets) - S Johnathan Abram
5 (69). Buffalo Bills (from Jaguars) - WR Kelvin Harmon
6 (70). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Tytus Howard
– (–). New York Giants Selection forfeited during the 2018 supplemental draft.
7 (71). Denver Broncos - LB Mack Wilson
8 (72). Cincinnati Bengals - OT David Edwards
9 (73). New England Patriots (from Lions) - LB Christian Miller,
10 (74). Jacksonville Jaguars (from Bills) - WR Riley Ridley
11 (75). Green Bay Packers - OG Michael Deiter
12 (76). Washington Redskins - CB Joejuan Williams
13 (77). Carolina Panthers - DE Zach Allen
14 (78). Detroit Lions (form Dolphins) - WR Andy Isabella
15 (79). Atlanta Falcons - DE Anthony Nelson
16 (80). New York Jets (from Browns) - C Elgton Jenkins
17 (81). Minnesota Vikings - DT Trysten Hill
18 (82). San Francisco 49ers (from Titans) - CB Trayvon Mullen

I did consider Howard and Jenkins, but it was too high for me to pick Edwards or Deiter.

I was surprised Ridley was still on the board, by the way, but I think it’s strange that he doesn’t have bigger production. I mean, he hasn’t been injured, but still you have to add every season back to his junior year in high school to get above 100 catches in total, and other than one time since that year he didn’t cross 300 receiving yards for a season. Why? I know Georgia is a great run team, and there’s obviously only one ball to go around, but that production is concerningly low, I think. I like Ridley, but it was enough for me to go in a different direction.

For a second I did consider Harmon as well, but thought I would rather go with the tight end.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Yours is similar in positions addressed and when as the 1 I just did.

1.1. Nick Bosa, DE
2.1. Irv Smith Jr, TE
3.1. Yodny Cajuste, OT
4.1. Riley Ridley, WR
5.1. Michael Deiter, OG/OT
6.1. Joejuan Williams, CB
6.6. Emmanuel Butler, WR
7.34. Chase Hansen, SS
7.35. Trysten Hill, DT
7.40. T J Edwards, ILB

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yours is similar in positions addressed and when as the 1 I just did.

1.1. Nick Bosa, DE
2.1. Irv Smith Jr, TE
3.1. Yodny Cajuste, OT
4.1. Riley Ridley, WR
5.1. Michael Deiter, OG/OT
6.1. Joejuan Williams, CB
6.6. Emmanuel Butler, WR
7.34. Chase Hansen, SS
7.35. Trysten Hill, DT
7.40. T J Edwards, ILB

Great minds think alike. ;):cheers:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Solid set of players though I don’t think a TE in the third reflects this offense if I understand it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose