MJ/Bulls 10-part Docuseries

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I forgot how close that '93 series was until I looked at the box scores. Both teams scored exactly 640 points for the series. The biggest margin of victory was just 10 points in a Suns win and of course the Suns had a possession to win game 6 and send it to a game 7. Probably the overall closest series that MJ ever faced in the finals.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Scottie Pippen on Jerry Krause: ‘The greatest general manager in the game’
"We can't knock him, we gotta give him credit. And he deserves credit because he was the general manager of those teams," Pippen said in the docuseries. "I've had a lot of great people in my life and that's why my success happened. I played with Phil Jackson, the greatest coach in the game. Michael Jordan, the greatest player in the game. Jerry Krause, obviously the greatest general manager in the game"

https://sports.yahoo.com/scottie-pippen-jerry-krause-greatest-032333693.html

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is a good thread.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I need to catch the final 2 episodes that aired this past weekend but I have to say the entire documentary was well done. It wasn't as ground breaking as some may have hoped, or it claimed to be, but I think most of the people here who watched it are basketball junkies and have seen in depth documentaries done before so this wasn't necessarily new ground.

From what I've seen though, it was well done and touched on all aspects of the game. It wasn't focused solely on one point of view, be it on the court, in the locker room, in the front office, or from the perspective of a fan. It provided all of those views and tied them together nicely. I can't think of another basketball documentary that's done that so well but not given this had 10 hours to fill, it almost needed to approach it in various ways.

This helped fill the basketball void right now. I'm glad it didn't air as originally planned with just 1 episode a week because I probably would have lost interest. 2 episodes each Sunday was just enough coverage to leave you wanting more but also satisfying the basketball jones.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Horace Grant lays into 'snitch' Michael Jordan over 'so-called' documentary: 'Let's settle this like men'

"Lie, lie, lie,” Grant said, per an ESPN transcript. “If MJ had a grudge with me, let’s settle this like men. Let’s talk about it. Or we can settle it another way. But yet and still, he goes out and puts this lie out that I was the source behind [the book].

“Sam and I have always been great friends. We’re still great friends. But the sanctity of that locker room, I would never put anything personal out there.”

“It’s only a grudge, man,” Grant said. “I’m telling you, it was only a grudge. And I think he proved that during this so-called documentary. When if you say something about him, he’s going to cut you off, he’s going to try to destroy your character.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/horace-gra...tary-lets-settle-this-like-men-232548162.html

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I forgot how close that '93 series was until I looked at the box scores. Both teams scored exactly 640 points for the series. The biggest margin of victory was just 10 points in a Suns win and of course the Suns had a possession to win game 6 and send it to a game 7. Probably the overall closest series that MJ ever faced in the finals.
I remember if Chambers had shot anywhere his normal shooting percentage we win that series. He went cold at the wrong time.

Last edited:

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I keep trying to watch this but I can't make it past the first 20 minutes of the first episode. Jordan is a horrible human being and I don't want to watch him brag about it and snitch on teamates.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My favorite part was episode two.

Jordan goes off in Boston with LL Cool J's "I'm Bad" playing in the background. I felt like I was 7 again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this highlight reel on Twitter and couldn't think of any modern player who uses ball fakes like MJ did. Kobe didn't even do that often and he tried like hell to imitate MJ's game as much as possible.

I know this is something he'd do that would frustrate me as a fan of the Suns watching him but now I can appreciate the skill involved. He palms the ball without issue and I don't think opposing guards and wings were used to seeing their man do that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Saw this highlight reel on Twitter and couldn't think of any modern player who uses ball fakes like MJ did. Kobe didn't even do that often and he tried like hell to imitate MJ's game as much as possible.

I know this is something he'd do that would frustrate me as a fan of the Suns watching him but now I can appreciate the skill involved. He palms the ball without issue and I don't think opposing guards and wings were used to seeing their man do that.

Not at all at the same level, but Dr. J and Connie Hawkins had some of that. I really think MJ got that from The Doctor. Dr J palmed the ball all day long and faked openents like that. Of course MJ took it to another level reacting to how the defenders chose to defend his fakes so fast there was no reacting and making up a defensive play. That's what got me, he read and reacted so fast. Faster than anyone else on the court.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson