Mitch on fire, AJ Jefferson makes team

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
Is Mitch Ken Whisenhunt in disguise?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think he's going to hit on another, too. I think with some of the semi suprise cuts (HJ, Cody, Beisel) I think the Cards will keep 4 QB's, including Leinart.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give Mitch :thumbup: if he takes Miller's place.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Four undrafted rookies have made the team so far, and we still haven't heard about Marshay Green.

I like Jefferson. He's raw, but he hits and he's built for the position. Hope he works out.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
With Komar and Jefferson making the team and their likely contributions being on ST;s does it put Adams on the bubble? McBride seems to have passed him on the defensive depth chart...probably a debate going on whether to keep Green or Adams between the coaches.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think that this teams needs the physicality that AJ showed in the preseason. He still seemed pretty raw in coverage, but he brings a physical style of play that will only help on special teams as he is refining his CB skills.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
With Komar and Jefferson making the team and their likely contributions being on ST;s does it put Adams on the bubble? McBride seems to have passed him on the defensive depth chart...probably a debate going on whether to keep Green or Adams between the coaches.

As much as Ive become a fan of Marshay green i can see with the amount of rookies defensive backs on the team, Michael Adams with his experience and excellent ST's play being selected over Green.

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch - please predict Max Hall will be the next Warner/Romo.

Here's what I can say Unsterblich, Max Hall will garner some playing time this year (Whiz will devise a Max Scheme, you watch) and will be in the mix for the starting job next year.

Mitch

Reaction score

Money Mike is safe, Zeno. He was the starting nickel versus the Bears and played well...and his STs play is elite...how about that play he made on Grahams monster punt which Adams had to escape all blocks and still arrived at the ball 50 plus yards down field and nearly recovered the fumble! This kid is worth his weight in gold!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Money Mike is safe, Zeno. He was the starting nickel versus the Bears and played well...and his STs play is elite...how about that play he made on Grahams monster punt which Adams had to escape all blocks and still arrived at the ball 50 plus yards down field and nearly recovered the fumble! This kid is worth his weight in gold!

Exactly. I think Marshay is gone.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Im beggining to think the Cards should just trade out of all their picks and solely bring in UFDAS :D

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

But he isn't worth his weight in steer manure when it comes to defense.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

But Green can do all that on STs and can cover, which Adams can't. Especially man to man in press coverage. His weakness is that he doesn't look for the ball soon enough ala McFadden and he is small. But man is he tough. Did you guys see Green hit the Washington TE after St.Daryl had whiffed on the tackle?

If Green gets cut it will be because the coaches are afraid he'll kill himself.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Adams makes it unless his shoulder injury is severe, then he might go on the IR. Looked like a separation to me.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bucky that is what I thought about Money Mike's injury as well. I hope that it was minor but it certainly did not appear to be minor. With all he had at stake last night a little ding would not keep him on the sideline.

Mitch

Reaction score
But he isn't worth his weight in steer manure when it comes to defense.

The kid makes plays...ask Aaron Rodgers.

Now he's getting better coached...it showed in the Bears game where he took the middle routes away as the nickel. He's still young, Zeno. Patience, man, patience!

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mike had PLENTY of poor plays that game as well.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The kid makes plays...ask Aaron Rodgers.

Now he's getting better coached...it showed in the Bears game where he took the middle routes away as the nickel. He's still young, Zeno. Patience, man, patience!

If he hadn't been getting burnt so much during quarters one through four he wouldn't have had to make a play in OT. He and McFadden were worse than awful all game long. I've never been impressed with him on defense, he just doesn't match up with any WR bigger than Max Komar.