Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (aka M:I 5)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I totally agree. I don't give a crap about him personally but I think he is one of the best actors of my generation.

Still can't believe how great he was as Lestat

Agree and I think that is an underrated movie in general.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like was the sort of hokey ending. Other than that I really enjoyed the movie. It will always have a special place in my memories. One of my best friends (who passed away), flirted and joked his way to nearly the front of a line that wrapped around the building on premiere weekend. LOL. We got there late but still had great seats. I thought it was going to be the start of an epic vampire franchise. Pffft.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like was the sort of hokey ending. Other than that I really enjoyed the movie. It will always have a special place in my memories. One of my best friends (who passed away), flirted and joked his way to nearly the front of a line that wrapped around the building on premiere weekend. LOL. We got there late but still had great seats. I thought it was going to be the start of an epic vampire franchise. Pffft.

Instead we got Twilight... smh
:bang:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yowzers!!!! This is starting out on R/T with 95%. Can't wait!!!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TC is arguably the greatest actor of our generation..

From the quality of the movies he puts out and the massive entertainment value he ALWAYS puts out it really is quite remarkable.

The guy just makes quality movies and lays it on the line all the time!!!

So many good to great movies it would be hard to pick his best.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

From the quality of the movies he puts out and the massive entertainment value he ALWAYS puts out it really is quite remarkable.

I'd say he's the greatest movie star of our generation, but no way he's the best actor, IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'd say he's the greatest movie star of our generation, but no way he's the best actor, IMO.

I would probably agree, but as far as acting ability goes, I'd still put him in an upper tier. Not the best, but close enough.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I would have a hard time naming more than a couple that I didn't like. Just off their p of my head in the last few years there are a bunch of awesome movies.

Jack Reacher, awesome
MI4, awesome
Edge of tomorrow, freaking awesome!
Even that dumb one with Morgan freeman and the Aliens, I would consider that one of my least favorites but sill a decent movie and way better than most of the terrible crap that comes out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can totally be on board with that... However he is a damn good actor in his own right...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can totally be on board with that... However he is a damn good actor in his own right...

I agree with that too. I wish he'd go out on a limb a little bit more though. He was great in dramatic roles like Rain Man, Collateral and Born On The 4th Of July and flat out fantastic as Frank TJ Mackey in Magnolia.

I'd love to see Quentin Tarantino write something for him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I would say because of the parts he has chosen maybe not. However, he has given some of the best performances in this generation IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone who's a Tom Cruise fan needs to go to Grantland and read their over the top awesome ridiculous coverage of Tom Cruise Week right now. It's just article after amazing article about pretty much every facet of the guy's career and life. Highly recommend the reading.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew !!

Now that it has been released, I can discuss it.

Saw it back on June 11th.

Wife and I both think Tom Cruise is a nutjob in real life, but he does make really good movies.

We both enjoyed it a lot. My wife had only seen/remembered the first one and she was able to follow right along and enjoy it. I have seen them all and enjoyed them all.

Side story - my dad and his wife swore off the series because of how the character of Jim Phelps was handled in the first film. :D Just found that out recently.

We both loved where the most talked about scene in all of the previews was in the film.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew !!

Now that it has been released, I can discuss it.

Saw it back on June 11th.

Wife and I both think Tom Cruise is a nutjob in real life, but he does make really good movies.

We both enjoyed it a lot. My wife had only seen/remembered the first one and she was able to follow right along and enjoy it. I have seen them all and enjoyed them all.

Side story - my dad and his wife swore off the series because of how the character of Jim Phelps was handled in the first film. :D Just found that out recently.

We both loved where the most talked about scene in all of the previews was in the film.

Funny.... I was at a block party tonight and a lady at my table was complaining that she had a tough time with Cruise because he's a nut job. I finally convinced her that she was right..... Cruise IS a nutjob, but who cares? He makes good movies!!!! ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good movie. One of the best yet in the series IMO. Went to go see it in IMAX. Just balls to the wall action from start to finish.

Rebecca Ferguson was simply a bad ass.

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Rebecca Ferguson was great.

Good movie still liked Ghost Protocol a little better but still a good summer action flick.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Release Date: July 31, 2015 (2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Christopher McQuarrie
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of action and violence, and brief partial nudity)
Screenwriters: Will Staples, Drew Pearce
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: MissionImpossible.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner, Rebecca Ferguson, Alec Baldwin, Ving Rhames, Sean Harris, Simon McBurney, Tom Hollander

Plot Summary: Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate – an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great summer action movie--Tom Cruise has made the role his own and it looked like everyone had a blast making the movie. Those are always the best.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bride and I saw this today and thought it was great!!! Even a tad better than Ghost Protocol. We both loved how they were able to throw a little humor into it all without looking silly doing it.

And Alec Baldwin can play one hate-able, S.O.B. (Perhaps because he really is a hate-able, S.O.B.?) Anyway... he, like everyone in the film, did a great job. And the action was sphincter puckering throughout. Wow. Just wow!!! 4.9 out of 5 stars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose