Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation

Brian in Mesa

BIM™
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew !!

Now that it has been released, I can discuss it.

Saw it back on June 11th.

Wife and I both think Tom Cruise is a nutjob in real life, but he does make really good movies.

We both enjoyed it a lot. My wife had only seen/remembered the first one and she was able to follow right along and enjoy it. I have seen them all and enjoyed them all.

Side story - my dad and his wife swore off the series because of how the character of Jim Phelps was handled in the first film. :D Just found that out recently.

We both loved where the most talked about scene in all of the previews was in the film.

UncleChris

Retirement Doesn't Suck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew !!

Now that it has been released, I can discuss it.

Saw it back on June 11th.

Wife and I both think Tom Cruise is a nutjob in real life, but he does make really good movies.

We both enjoyed it a lot. My wife had only seen/remembered the first one and she was able to follow right along and enjoy it. I have seen them all and enjoyed them all.

Side story - my dad and his wife swore off the series because of how the character of Jim Phelps was handled in the first film. :D Just found that out recently.

We both loved where the most talked about scene in all of the previews was in the film.

Funny.... I was at a block party tonight and a lady at my table was complaining that she had a tough time with Cruise because he's a nut job. I finally convinced her that she was right..... Cruise IS a nutjob, but who cares? He makes good movies!!!! ;)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good movie. One of the best yet in the series IMO. Went to go see it in IMAX. Just balls to the wall action from start to finish.

Rebecca Ferguson was simply a bad ass.

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Rebecca Ferguson was great.

Good movie still liked Ghost Protocol a little better but still a good summer action flick.

Brian in Mesa

BIM™
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Release Date: July 31, 2015 (2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Christopher McQuarrie
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of action and violence, and brief partial nudity)
Screenwriters: Will Staples, Drew Pearce
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: MissionImpossible.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner, Rebecca Ferguson, Alec Baldwin, Ving Rhames, Sean Harris, Simon McBurney, Tom Hollander

Plot Summary: Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate – an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying the IMF.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great summer action movie--Tom Cruise has made the role his own and it looked like everyone had a blast making the movie. Those are always the best.

UncleChris

Retirement Doesn't Suck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bride and I saw this today and thought it was great!!! Even a tad better than Ghost Protocol. We both loved how they were able to throw a little humor into it all without looking silly doing it.

And Alec Baldwin can play one hate-able, ****** (Perhaps because he really is a hate-able, ******?) Anyway... he, like everyone in the film, did a great job. And the action was sphincter puckering throughout. Wow. Just wow!!! 4.9 out of 5 stars.

Reaction score
I enjoyed all of the movies in this franchise. I think Cruise did an awesome job. I think I've watched them all several times. I'm a sucker for spy action thrillers. Love all of the Bond films as well. I just wish they had more Indiana Jones type movies. Those types are probably my favorite.