Mission: Impossible - Fallout (aka M:I 6)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebecca Ferguson to Return for Mission: Impossible 6

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...n-to-return-for-mission-impossible-6#/slide/1

Last week, it was confirmed Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation director and co-writer Christopher McQuarrie would return to helm the upcoming sixth film in the long running series, and now ShowBiz411 reports that Rogue Nation star Rebecca Ferguson will also return. This marks the first time that a leading lady has reprised her role in a Mission: Impossible film, though Mission: Impossible III‘s Michelle Monaghan did re-appear in an uncredited cameo for Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.

It was previously reported that production on the film could begin as early as August 2016. McQuarrie will write and direct the film, which will see the return of Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt. This also marks the first time a director has helmed more than one film in the franchise. Brian De Palma directed the first Mission: Impossible, which was followed by sequels directed by John Woo, J.J, Abrams and Brad Bird.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess the poster gives away the big stunt he's doing himself in this film.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d still go with #1 as the GOAT but this was easily the second best. Idk how Tommy continues to do this. He’s got to be on HGH or something. He should be up for an Oscar.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Release Date: July 27, 2018
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Christopher McQuarrie
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for violence and intense sequences of action, and for brief strong language)
Screenwriter: Christopher McQuarrie
Genre: Action, Adventure
Website: MissionImpossible.com| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Starring: Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Ving Rhames, Sean Harris, Angela Bassett, Vanessa Kirby, Michelle Monaghan, Alec Baldwin, Wes Bentley, Frederick Schmidt

Plot Summary: The best intentions often come back to haunt you. "Mission: Impossible - Fallout" finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the helm.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it... I felt like I was in the theater for about 30 minutes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EASILY the most entertaining movie of the summer and one of the best action movies I can remember since... well... probably Mission Impossible 4.

The story is pretty straightforward... with a bunch of twists you see coming from a mile away... but none of that matters. The team is great, Mustached Superman works like gang-busters and the action sequences... good freaking lords. There's just something about knowing the action sequences and stunts have real stakes because it's ACTUALLY Cruise ACTUALLY doing literally death-defying acts (yes, I know, there's probably wire-work... but every stunt is HIM and the stunts are LUDICROUS).

I go back and forth in my head about what was better MI:4 or 6... I'd probably still hand MI:4 the prize for the best overall set-piece during the entire Abu Dabi sequence. That was an A+ but this one probably slightly edges over it because EVERY sequence is pretty much an A and there's freaking FIVE of them in the movie.

I can't wait to see how Cruise tries to kill himself in the next movie!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tommy has stones the size of Jupiter.

okay... after watching that, I think I have to call this the best action extravaganza ever made.

Note, that's not to say I think it's the best action movie or film ever. But for pure action? Knowing how many of those stunts are practically done by a 55 year old Cruise? It's mind-boggling what was going on in that movie.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wait, I knew Tom did his own stunts in these but he's flying the helicopters too? Ok, he's the most badass actor, it's settled!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, I knew Tom did his own stunts in these but he's flying the helicopters too? Ok, he's the most badass actor, it's settled!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I almost didn't find this thread in my search because the title has the colon after "Impossible" rather than "Mission".

I’d still go with #1 as the GOAT but this was easily the second best. Idk how Tommy continues to do this. He’s got to be on HGH or something. He should be up for an Oscar.

Yeah, this was the best action film I've seen in a while. I need to rewatch #1 again, as it's been a looong time, but I think this was my favorite MI film.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after having caught moments of this a couple times over the last year, it only hardens my belief that this was easily the best of the Mission Movies. It gets everything right... the INSANE action, humor, personal stakes (not like these matter THAT much, but they're there) and it is just balls to the wall entertainment.

and I CAN'T WAIT to see the ridiculousness they have in store for the next one. I've already seen one massive stunt that has Ethan driving his motorcycle off a ramp atop a huge mountain that looks deliriously awesome.

Don't click the link if you want to go into the movie fresh... but this looks insane.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
LOL. Tom is the greatest. I can't wait for Top Gun either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose