Missing Play

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m watching the Eagles game and the announcers noted as the Colts ran a QB sneak, “That’s the play of choice in today’s NFL.” I’m sure they were referring to short yardage. They also noted the reason was how effective other players pushing behind the QB has been. Considering the Cards’ awkward red zone play choice, it made me wonder how much does Murray’s fragility handicap the Cards?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pretty easy to figure out. Check our 4th down conversion % and compare it to the rest of the league.

Doesn’t have to be a speculative thread when the answer you seek is available in objective data.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just in the last 2 minutes of that Vikings vs Bills game last week there were a few QB sneaks.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray's fragility is no doubt an issue. I'm beginning to feel that he is injury-prone. He doesn't play when he is hurting like many qbs do. I'm not an Aaron Rodgers fan, but he is out there playing no matter whatever injury he has. So is Brady as was Rothlsiberger, etc.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would love to see the Cards in short yardage or fourth and goal with JJ Watt in the lineup. Ball is snapped and JJ does not get the ball, but JJ tosses Kyler Murray over the goal line. I wonder what the NFL would do then about their aiding the running back terminology :)
BTW, when one the last time anyone has seen a running back leap over the line of scrimmage, I can't recall now that I think about it... is that considered illegal or what now?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson