Missed field goal

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I had a feeling Feely was going to miss it. He's usually clutch, but I think he was way too excited about his 61-yarder minutes before. If the Bills would have called a time-out to "ice" him, and given him a chance to calm down, I think he would have made it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He tied it for the cards and then lost it for them. :( I still love Feely, but that kick should have been made.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I had a feeling Feely was going to miss it. He's usually clutch, but I think he was way too excited about his 61-yarder minutes before. If the Bills would have called a time-out to "ice" him, and given him a chance to calm down, I think he would have made it.

I was a bit worried once Skelton started that long snap count to get down to 3 seconds. Not that it wasn't a good strategy, but I was fearing it would screw with any kind of 'clock' Feely has in his head.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would have been much easier to accept a missed 61 yard field goal than a missed 38 yarder. :(

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Somers just tweeted that Alex Carrington of the Bills got a hand on the ball.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
At the time, I though the Cards had plenty of time and should have run another play. That's not hindsight, I said it at the time. If they were about 3 yards close, it was good. They let about 25+ seconds run off the clock. Run a play and then spike it.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched the blocked kick and it was touched by a Bill.

Reaction score
At the time, I though the Cards had plenty of time and should have run another play. That's not hindsight, I said it at the time. If they were about 3 yards close, it was good. They let about 25+ seconds run off the clock. Run a play and then spike it.
I'm with you, Cbus... I was thinking what the hell are they doing?

:(

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Should have at least centered the damn ball. Hate when coaches let the clock run instead of potentially gaining even 2-3 more yards... they should have run the ball to the middle of the field.. and then spiked it...

Also I think Feely thought he was gonna get iced.. he takes a wierd step back right before the ball is snapped.. almost as if he was anxious there... total disaster to lose that game given the upcoming schedule

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have at least centered the damn ball. Hate when coaches let the clock run instead of potentially gaining even 2-3 more yards... they should have run the ball to the middle of the field.. and then spiked it...

Also I think Feely thought he was gonna get iced.. he takes a wierd step back right before the ball is snapped.. almost as if he was anxious there... total disaster to lose that game given the upcoming schedule

This, all of this.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Ask Michael Vick how that kind of strategy can work out for a team.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, Cbus... I was thinking what the hell are they doing?

:(

Yep, I screaming at the game for them to run a play and cussing they didn't. Then, the frigging kick hits the frigging post. Plenty of time was left to get a few more yards and then spike it. Yeah, we could've fumbled but I hate hanging it all on one play when you don't HAVE to. Seems to bite you in the butt more often than not.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
K, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Still isn't Feely's fault.

Keep your aunt balless. I don't blame Feely either.

I actually think the pathetic "drive" after the fumble to start the game which got a FG rather than a TD is what set the tone for the debacle at the end.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the NE game I can't blame them for not running another play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave