Miller once again does it again!

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by Lefty, Sep 13, 2012.

1. TJ

TJ Suge White

This whole thing has been a complete sh*t show start to finish.

2. TJ

TJ Suge White

Let Book be an idiot. It's becoming more difficult for people to point at Miller or the school for any wrongdoing.

3. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Feel Bad For Tate

They should have pulled the plug on Book when he was hanging out with “ACE” Thakore

4. devilalum

devilalum Heavily Redacted

Do the Cats have glitter numbers on their uniforms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TJ

TJ Suge White

6. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Next week is going to be fun.

7. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

From what you read online the recordings and or evidence Haney is referring to probably won't even be played to the jury because the judge ruled it's irrelevant.

If true unless the NCAA has some deal to get access to that evidence, I can't see anything happening to Arizona or LSU.

8. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

At the same time, if it's true, Miller needs to be fired on principle. The school needs to get its hands on the "evidence", IF it exists.

9. Russ Smith

If you read the Daily Star there's some stuff in there from the defense attorney saying they have Miller and Dawkins on tape talking about Ayton. But he doesn't say what they are talking about. So all these reports the last year plus that Schlabach confused Ayton and Brian Bowen were clearly wrong, he clearly was told correctly that Miller is on tape with Dawkins about Ayton.

We just don't know what was said, is it what Schlabach reported discussing money, is it that Dawkins wanted to be Ayton's agent, asked Miller to help, and then Miller either turned him down(not a violation) or agreed to help him(a violation)? Haney was talking about that conversation when he said you will have to be here to hear it for yourself.

I would agree if Miller broke the rules and Arizona found out about it they'd have to fire him because it would mean he repeatedly directly lied to them when asked about it before. But I don't think we have any idea yet if that's what's on this tape, and if the judge won't let them play it, then the only way we ever find out is if the NCAA gets ahold of it.

Right now my inclination is nothing big is going to happen. The government argued that their testimony was only being used to garner sympathy from the jury and the judge agreed it's not relevant. So I can't see why he would allow Haney to play this tape either?

10. TJ

TJ Suge White

The school knows what’s on the tapes already. If there’s anything incriminating, Miller wouldve been gone a long time ago

11. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

So Dawkins' attorney is lying to the Court? If so, he should be disbarred.

12. TJ

TJ Suge White

Don’t know about being disbarred, but he’s a giant idiot trying a case he’s going to lose for his client. I wouldn’t hire this clown to fight a speeding ticket.

13. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

As an attorney, I can yell you that knowingly lying to a court (or other tribunal) or fabricating or misrepresenting evidence to a court is ground for disbarment.

14. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Miller will get something under the “institutional control” stipulation. I’m guessing a fine/suspension and possibly vacated games when Rawle was here.

Everyone kinda laughed at the “victim” label given by the FBI. It’s probably the wrong word to use but it feels like they’re really trying to make Miller look like one at times. They raided his house, had him on many tapes and brought nothing against him. Now they’re trying to keep him out of the trial.

I do wonder if Miller would open up about this situation once the legal stuff is over but I doubt it.

15. Russ Smith

I do find it amusing the way Arizona sites are representing Haney as a complete moron who knows absolutely nothing about how the system works. Haney grew up in Lansing Michigan, had an older friend named Earvin Johnson(that one). Played college ball at Loyola Marymount, left midway throught the first year of Paul Westhead. Wound up at San Jose State where he was a roommate of Rickey Berry and then on the team that mutinied and walked off in protest of verbal abuse by head coach Bill Berry. He tried to play pro ball, didn't make it, became a lawyer, became a licensed NBA agent, actually at one point represented both Magic and Dominique Wilkins(as a lawyer not an agent apparently). He ran an AAU program.

I don't know why he didn't have Dawkins take a plea deal but if you actually read about the guy he CLEARLY knows how the system works, he apparently just believed he could expose that and it would help Dawkins in the case but the judges aren't interested because it's not what they're trying in the cases. After the first case ended Haney was asked if it was a factor that the jury didn't understand a thing about how basketball works and he said sure but it's a jury, there's nothing you can do about that.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if when all 3 trials are over, he just releases stuff on his own if he doesn't get the chance to do so through the trials. Seems like he may have a bit of a vendetta against the system.