Miller once again does it again!

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by Lefty, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Lefty

Lefty Registered

Josh Green made an unofficial visit today and from the sounds of it, went very well. He had a nice conversation with TJ McConnell.

2. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I love it when fan sites are openly bragging about their schools committing NCAA violations because they don't know it's a violation. Seriously the insiders that reported that don't know ex players can't talk to recruits? Nothing will happen but I never get why sites print stuff like that.

3. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Looks like USC is the new recruiting juggernaut of the P12.

4. Russ Smith

If you mean Max I have never been able to decide on him. His teammate Kyman(UCLA) is a good player but not very athletic, Max has always been very athletic but not a great player. he's intriguing because he can handle the ball, pass the ball, has good size and length, and has room to get better in terms of strength and shooting, but I've never been sure if he's overrated or underrated.

I guess it just shows if you're in major trouble FBI wise the smart move is to hire the dad of a big time prospect, they've got 4 kids since they did it, all through Mobley, and they're probably getting Stanley too. in fact if not for some alleged falling out, they were probably getting Juzang too but it looks like Cal or ASU for him.

Given the pace of the FBI stuff it's not clear if SC's situation will be resolved before they all get on campus or not so I guess Enfield went for broke and it paid off so far.

5. GatorAZ

Arizona was supposedly in good shape for him but SC is cleaning up now. Being FBI’s was more significant than getting ESPN’d.

Goodman isn’t with ESPN anymore but Dick Vitale who making Miller out to be the devil is backtracking now.

6. TJ

TJ Diet Shaq

Day late and a dollar short, Dick. Damage done.

7. Russ Smith

All the other stuff aside I don't think it had anything to do with FBI vs ESPN, I think USC hired a guy who has sons that know all these players, are friends with all these players, and are recruiting all these players to USC. When the hiring first broke virtually everyone thought Okongwu would go to UCLA but Josh was on BRO saying don't be surprised if SC gets him too, he's very close to the Mobley brothers. the dad is tight with many of these kids too through his sons.

The talk is that the dad was "shopping" for a coaching position and essentially telling whoever would listen that they hired him they'd get a bunch of kids. Given the situation at SC at the time, they had a decent recovery in the 18 class(got Weaver kept 2 others) but it appeared they weren't going to land any elite kids in 19, Enfield knew his seat was getting hot, so he hired Mobley the dad.

I know a guy who's very dialed in to the So Cal AAU circuit and he basically said Eric Mobley has never been a head coach even in AAU where he wasn't coaching at least 1 of his sons. So his entire coaching career is based on having played ball and then wanting to coach his sons. He did at the lower levels, including with the Compton Magic, and then SC hired him to get his sons. In order to hire him USC took the assistant they had promoted to replace Bland, and demoted him to director of scouting.

None of it is against the rules of course but it's a perfect example of what's wrong with the whole youth basketball scene, just months after USC declared itself completely clean only to have a story out a week later implicating 2 other players on the team(Metu and Boatwright) and possibly 2 others, their AD says we're doing things the right way and then they hire Mobley to get kids. I don't know what's going to happen to Bland I certainly doubt he gets any prison time but at this point USC has no legs to stand on here is it any wonder Bland cheated, clearly he gets that USC wants to win at all costs, they're proving that again by hiring Mobley.

8. GatorAZ

9. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Hopefully Miller realizes he needs more than just OAD kids. Barcello, Randolph, Akot and Lee are 3 year guys who hopefully Miller can coach up. The grad tranfers he brought in will help with stability and provide valuable experience. Miller needs to really overcome the damage the scandal has done to his rep and land some big fish in 2019. If Mannion re-classes he is a must get. Landing Green, McDaniels & Fuller would put UA back on the recruiting map.

10. Lefty

Lefty Registered

I will be very surprised if Mannion does not pick the Cats.

11. DWKB

DWKB Registered

12. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Hope so, we should know today if he’s reclassifying.

13. TJ

TJ Diet Shaq

247 has 13 predictions for Mannion, all of which point to Arizona. Pretty much all of the insiders, especially the overly conservative ones, believe he's going to Arizona unless there's a last-minute change of heart.

Get him, land Josh Green and the rest is gravy.

14. Russ Smith

Yeah he did reclass and it sure sounds like he's going to Arizona. Green I'm not sure, Josh is saying UCLA is still involved as are others but you get the impression he and Nico might be a package deal.

Mannion is good, the kid I love in this class at that position is Cole Anthony, Greg Anthony's son. There had been lots of assumptions he was going to Duke but the kid is publicly saying he has no idea where people are getting that he's not leaning any one way.

15. GatorAZ