Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike

Release Date: August 25, 2022
Studio: Hulu
Creator: Steven Rogers
MPAA Rating: TV-MA
Genre: Biography | Drama | Sport

Starring: Trevante Rhodes, Russell Hornsby, Scott MacDonald, Harvey Keitel, B.J. Minor, Olunike Adeliyi, Garland Whitt, T.J. Atoms, Grace Zabriskie

Plot Summary: The series will explore the wild, tragic and controversial life and career of heavyweight champion Mike Tyson - one of the most polarizing figures in sports culture.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched five minutes of this before I turned it off.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to this until Tyson came out against it. He's not involved and is apparently suing Hulu. Tyson is a very interesting individual who I've read a lot about over the years and I'd love a series he's involved with. Unlike the Pam and Tommy series where they didn't want anything to do with the subject matter, Tyson is interested in doing a story on his life. It seems like Hulu played loose with the facts here so that was one reason they didn't involve him, with another reason being greed since they aren't paying him anything for this series.

Oh well. I've heard Mike is involved with another series where he's a producer and I'll check that out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking forward to this until Tyson came out against it. He's not involved and is apparently suing Hulu. Tyson is a very interesting individual who I've read a lot about over the years and I'd love a series he's involved with. Unlike the Pam and Tommy series where they didn't want anything to do with the subject matter, Tyson is interested in doing a story on his life. It seems like Hulu played loose with the facts here so that was one reason they didn't involve him, with another reason being greed since they aren't paying him anything for this series.

Oh well. I've heard Mike is involved with another series where he's a producer and I'll check that out.
I am not very interested in seeing Tyson's skewed version of his life. That dude has some serious demons and I doubt any of that would come to light in something he is involved in. I would rather much see something based on a very tight circle of people around him that takes a no holds bar on his life.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not very interested in seeing Tyson's skewed version of his life. That dude has some serious demons and I doubt any of that would come to light in something he is involved in. I would rather much see something based on a very tight circle of people around him that takes a no holds bar on his life.

Have you ever seen the one man show he did a few years back? It was kind of like a standup special and he was pretty forthcoming about his past. He's pretty honest, from what I've seen.

I've heard he's doing a Netflix series about his life. It'll be interesting to compare the two to see what gets told differently but I'm not sure when that is due out. I'll probably wait until then unless I hear good things about this from people I trust.