Mickey Shuler Claimed Off waivers

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn't make much sense at all.. I didn't think we needed more TE's.. And this guy isn't very good at all.. Unless he is a blocking genius.. Which I have no idea if he is..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
. I didn't think we needed more TE's...

Housler-can't block a lick, inconsistent hands, has potential

King-old, slow as a turtle with one leg, does he have any gas in the tank?

Dray-doesn't do anything well IMO. Wiz is gone, so will Dray shortly

Jefferson-a blocker, hasn't really done anything catching passes, might have some talent but how much?

Given that all-pro list of TEs I think we need some, however Shuler probably is getting by on Daddy's name

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dray-doesn't do anything well IMO. Wiz is gone, so well Dray shortly

Jefferson-a blocker, hasn't really done anything catching passes, might have some talent but how much?

Give that all-pro list of TEs I think we need some, however Shuler probably is getting by on Daddy's name

I just read that Shuler makes 7 TE's in Camp now for the Cardinals.. Just figured we could have brought in somebody else.. Or, ya know, kept Schofield.. These nobody camp bodies irritate me in that regard..

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Dray-doesn't do anything well IMO. Wiz is gone, so will Dray shortly

Given that all-pro list of TEs I think we need some, however Shuler probably is getting by on Daddy's name

King is only 30....this will be his 8th season. If that's old, then Fitz should be in a wheelchair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Shuler can block as it was a requirement in the old PSU offense. Not a bad pass catcher either. Don't understand why so many are down on him. As TEs go, he is probably better than half the TEs in camp.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I hope he can block because nobody else can. Our running backs all got abused yesterday.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're thin in quality TE depth - especially since we eliminated the FB position - and one way to address this is to bring in some new bodies and hope you get lucky.

At least Shuler has good blood lines, comes from a good program and appears to fit the profile of "a guy who can block and can be taught how to be a decent pass catcher."

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We are truly eating out of the Dumpster out back of the NFL office when it comes to TEs.

Three tight ends were drafted after Ryan Swope with the 174th overall pick in the 2013 draft:

Mychal Rivera (Tennessee)
Ryan Griffin (UConn)
Michael Williams (Alabama)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are truly eating out of the Dumpster out back of the NFL office when it comes to TEs.

Three tight ends were drafted after Ryan Swope with the 174th overall pick in the 2013 draft:

Mychal Rivera (Tennessee)
Ryan Griffin (UConn)
Michael Williams (Alabama)

I was looking at this as well when I posted in the Swope retires thread. Mychal Rivera is essentially a big WR who can't block. He would be redundant with Housler on the team.

The other two timed near 5.0 in the 40 yd dash. Both were reported to be good blockers with Williams being very good when he wants to.

It seems to me that D C Jefferson has more upside than any of these with the biggest concern being his lack of improvement during his college career.

Based on our current TE situation I would have preferred Williams or Griffin over the Swope pick but this is truly Monday morning QBing.

OP
OP
P

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shuler can block as it was a requirement in the old PSU offense. Not a bad pass catcher either. Don't understand why so many are down on him. As TEs go, he is probably better than half the TEs in camp.

The guy has been on six teams in three years. Has caught two passes in his NFL career. Hard to get excited about him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was looking at this as well when I posted in the Swope retires thread. Mychal Rivera is essentially a big WR who can't block. He would be redundant with Housler on the team.

The other two timed near 5.0 in the 40 yd dash. Both were reported to be good blockers with Williams being very good when he wants to.

It seems to me that D C Jefferson has more upside than any of these with the biggest concern being his lack of improvement during his college career.

Based on our current TE situation I would have preferred Williams or Griffin over the Swope pick but this is truly Monday morning QBing.

Is this based on anything more than hope and friendly press releases from Hardy Drive? Because Jefferson was listed as a likely undrafted free agent.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The guy has been on six teams in three years. Has caught two passes in his NFL career. Hard to get excited about him.

But this is from a fan base that gets excited about guys like LaRon Byrd, Jim Dray, Bryan McFadden, Kevin Kasper, Mike Gruttadoria & John Skelton. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson