Michael Bidwill Unlikely to Make Kliff Kingsbury the Scapegoat

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make no mistake - at least one of Russ or Brady will have a throwback game against us and will awaken the “he’s back” headlines the following Monday morning. Has happened to us vs. washed up formerly great QB’s more times than I want to remember.
It’s definitely going to be Brady, on Xmas, on National TV.

Russ is our last W of the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t argue your logic, but the only game that appears to be a definite loss is against the Niners. Pats, Broncos, Bucs, and Falcons are not great teams. Neither are we, but I think we win at least 2 more.
6-11 is unfortunately going to be enough cover for a “injuries killed our season!” excuse.

Which really sucks because we’re in a fulcrum point moment with Kyler. This SHOULD be an off-season where that kid really stock of himself and what he’s doing in the league and not doing to get better. It’s at that point that a NEW COACH could actually make a really positive impact to push him forward. But this coaching staff in his ear and head is just more of the same.

After a full season and a half now of the team and Kyler in particular going backwards, the only way forward is with the change up top.

You move forward with Kliff/Kyler, I think Kyler is damaged beyond repair. IDGAF about Kliff. But there aren’t many QBs who stink for 2.5 seasons that all of sudden turn their game around. Maybe there’s the random great year that a Jeff George or a Mike Vick would throw out there, but it’s unbelievably rare for someone to look like they have potential, then fall on their face for basically three years and then go on to be consistent stars at QB.

This off-season… eh… I’m wasting my breath. We all know Kyler/Kliff doesn’t work. And we all know Keim ain’t firing Kliff right after he probably lobbied King Moron to give Kliff a 5 year deal.

(And yes, @DVontel i know nothing really changes with Keim still here. Been banging that drum since I started watching the 2018 train wreck of an off-season take shape).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
do we know this to be true? i have never heard that NFL HC contracts are always 100% guaranteed --

and frankly, owners would never want it to be always true

Yeah, Google it. There are dozens of articles on HC contracts being guaranteed but usually with offsetting.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the only way Kliff gets the boot after this season is if the Cards lose out and do so in embarrassing fashion.(entirely possible but unlikely with the remaining schedule)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the only way Kliff gets the boot after this season is if the Cards lose out and do so in embarrassing fashion.(entirely possible but unlikely with the remaining schedule)
Or if Kyler voices his opinion directly to Bidwill/Kiem that he wants a new coach - in which everyone would kill Kyler for

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah, Google it. There are dozens of articles on HC contracts being guaranteed but usually with offsetting.
HC contracts are usually guaranteed --

I am questioning the assertion that NFL owners have all agreed that HC contracts must be 100% guaranteed

as an example, Kliffs original contract was for four years with a team option for year 5 (which would have for the 2023 season). Year 5 isnt guaranteed until the team exercises the option

no reason the "5 year extension" wasnt a 3-year extension with a team option on years 4 and 5

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
HC contracts are usually guaranteed --

I am questioning the assertion that NFL owners have all agreed that HC contracts must be 100% guaranteed

as an example, Kliffs original contract was for four years with a team option for year 5 (which would have for the 2023 season). Year 5 isnt guaranteed until the team exercises the option

no reason the "5 year extension" wasnt a 3-year extension with a team option on years 4 and 5
Ya that’s what I question as well.. can it simply be a base guarantee and heavily incentive based?