Michael Bidwill Unlikely to Make Kliff Kingsbury the Scapegoat

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean if he gets embarrassed on MNF after a bye week - can this guy pls finally get fired ?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope this is true!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Narrator: It is not.

What Florio keeps not talking about is that HC contracts are always guaranteed. It's a league wide owners agreement. 100% of the time.

Keim might not be but he only gets paid a couple mil a year.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

What Florio keeps not talking about is that HC contracts are always guaranteed. It's a league wide owners agreement. 100% of the time.

where is this actually written? I take that back it appears the assumed notion is that they are but I can’t find any rule saying they have to be?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Assertion not in evidence. Keim probably gets paid just as much if not marginally more than Kliff.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting tidbit that Mitch found on ESPN+, which is quoted more fully in this SI Fan Nation article:
ESPN's Dan Graziano took a look at 12 different quarterback contracts - ranging from Aaron Rodgers to Jimmy Garoppolo - in discussed how complicated it would be (salary wise) to move them.

Murray's new deal does complicate things down the road, but there is a window that would be optimal for a deal says Graziano.

"The key date for the Cardinals is the start of the 2024 league year, at which time nearly $31 million in guaranteed 2025 salary and bonuses becomes fully guaranteed. If the Cardinals decide to cut Murray after the 2023 season, they'll have paid him $103.3 million for two years of service and they'd incur a dead-money cap hit of about $81.5 million in 2024 (or, if they cut him post-June 1, $48.3 million in 2024 and $33.2 million in 2025)," said Graziano.

"If the Cardinals want to trade Murray after this season, and if they were able to do so before picking up the 2023 option, they would carry just a $23.228 million dead-money charge on their 2023 cap. But that would require them to persuade a team to take on a contract that pays Murray a guaranteed $75 million or so over the next two years."
If Graziano is right, there's more to the contract structure than what's revealed on OverTheCap.com, which shows so much dead money that a trade would be inconceivable before 2024-2025. Interesting....

...dave

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where is this actually written? I take that back it appears the assumed notion is that they are but I can’t find any rule saying they have to be?
Just as players have complicated clauses and bonuses written into their contracts, so do coaches. The main difference is that coaches always have guaranteed contracts. If the team is doing well, the contract could be extended. If the team is doing badly, the coach can be dropped at any time.Oct 4, 2022

Who is the highest paid NFL coach? Full salary list - AS USA

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kliff isn’t a big deal. He might even make more money in the college ranks which would offset the guaranteed money.

Keim, if he is really Bidwill’s buddy then I’m sure Bidwill is willing to pay off his buddy. Worst case just move him to a non GM role.

KM, we are stuck with him. Unless somehow we find a team willing to trade for him. Even so we are stuck with loads of dead cap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose