Michael Bidwill & Co. played this perfect!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
By taking their time studying different head coaching candidates the Cardinals find themselves now in the drivers seat when it comes to picking any head coach and coordinators they want!

As long as DC Horton is retained I am fine with hiring 2012 NFL Coach of the Year Bruce Arians or Seattle's exciting OC Darrell Bevell. I'm also in the corner of SF 49ers OC Greg Roman. There's something about hurting a division rival that excites me :)

What I'm getting at is Bidwill put the Cardinals in position to be the "only head coaching show" in town and with that comes a lot of power to the Cardinals organization.

For the Haley lovers (which I'm ok with him too) does the recent talk of a Pittsburgh staff overhaul combined with just one head coaching job left- bring his asking price down? Maybe so. Just a thought.

Go Cardinals!
-Tim
@SheriffK9NJ

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. I may be in the minority, but I love the fact the Cardinals are doing their due diligence with this process. This decision is going to affect the team tremendously over the next five years and they should leave no stone unturned.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
By taking their time studying different head coaching candidates the Cardinals find themselves now in the drivers seat when it comes to picking any head coach and coordinators they want!

As long as DC Horton is retained I am fine with hiring 2012 NFL Coach of the Year Bruce Arians or Seattle's exciting OC Darrell Bevell. I'm also in the corner of SF 49ers OC Greg Roman. There's something about hurting a division rival that excites me :)

What I'm getting at is Bidwill put the Cardinals in position to be the "only head coaching show" in town and with that comes a lot of power to the Cardinals organization.

For the Haley lovers (which I'm ok with him too) does the recent talk of a Pittsburgh staff overhaul combined with just one head coaching job left- bring his asking price down? Maybe so. Just a thought.

Go Cardinals!
-Tim
@SheriffK9NJ

I totally agree. Being patient is paying off. Out of all the coaches to be hired, so far, only McCoy stings a little. I like all of the Cards remaining candidates more than the other 6 that have been hired.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this new coach wins, then the search was great. If he loses, the search sucked.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Its only the national perception that bugs me. I was never sold on McCoy. It is a choice between Arians and Bevell with the details regarding Horton to be negotiated. It may work out after all

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same could be said with any coaching search, regardless of timeline.

Yep. That's why i can't be clapping my hands in joy because we are the last team with an opening to make a hire. Especially as, while I have my preferences, I can admit I really no have clue who is going to be the best coach based on the meager information we get off the internet and watching games.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's why i can't be clapping my hands in joy because we are the last team with an opening to make a hire. Especially as, while I have my preferences, I can admit I really no have clue who is going to be the best coach based on the meager information we get off the internet and watching games.

The same can be said of any of us. We just have to trust in MB and Keim to make this call. Personally, I have a good feeling about Keim.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Now they can set the coaching staff up and take their time in the process making sure they're getting the right co-ordinators and such.

Now they can try to sell Horton long term.

They've got their work cut out for them on the latter. They've got to pony up. Big time.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
TBD {To Be Determined}

A lot will depend on the offensive staff that the new coach is able to put together. I was underwhelmed with Mike Miller and Russ Grimm last season, so there is a relatively low bar to clear there.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I agree with this perspective - especially since none of the presumed top-tier candidates really fell off the prospect list (Reid being the exception).

It's weird that Lovie Smith is still out there and if not for Horton, I'd say he should be our guy, but there's no reason to stack a defensive HC on top of our star DC - particularly when they have different philosophies.

It's also noteable that Whis is still unemployed.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
TBD {To Be Determined}

A lot will depend on the offensive staff that the new coach is able to put together. I was underwhelmed with Mike Miller and Russ Grimm last season, so there is a relatively low bar to clear there.

Ya think. One of the ALL time worst ranked offenses on record.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One man's patience...

is another man's ineptitude. Depends on one's point of view.

I don't know if they "played this perfect" or have had paralysis of analysis set in, but I think they will get the guy that they get. None of the remaining candidates are overwhelmingly qualified IMO but it will all depend on who they get as assistants, expecially on the offensive side of the ball.

They need to get this settled so that the staff can be filled out, the braintrust can get together on the draft and free agency and get ready for next season. Personally, I have decided I just don't care WHO it is with what is remaining, just git 'er dun!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Go Cardinals!
-Tim
@SheriffK9NJ

Any of the head coaches they want, except for the candidates that they interviewed once, or wanted to interview, that went out and signed with other teams.

Any of the assistants that they want, except for those who will be hired by the head coaches who are currently building their staffs, and the teams that would prefer to have their assistants doing scouting evaluations for free agents and draft picks.

This is like celebrating that you waited until July to start hiring Ivy League graduates. Yes, the guys that are out there might be desperate for the opportunity, but all the other firms found their Harvard grads and Yalies when they graduated in May. :shrug:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
is another man's ineptitude. Depends on one's point of view.

I don't know if they "played this perfect" or have had paralysis of analysis set in, but I think they will get the guy that they get. None of the remaining candidates are overwhelmingly qualified IMO but it will all depend on who they get as assistants, expecially on the offensive side of the ball.

They need to get this settled so that the staff can be filled out, the braintrust can get together on the draft and free agency and get ready for next season. Personally, I have decided I just don't care WHO it is with what is remaining, just git 'er dun!

With the exception of Andy Reid, all of the coaches hired, so far, fall into this category. I think they all look similar on paper, but, as someone stated previously, it's up to MB to find the right coach that can assemble a talented staff and lead them.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the exception of Andy Reid, all of the coaches hired, so far, fall into this category. I think they all look similar on paper, but, as someone stated previously, it's up to MB to find the right coach that can assemble a talented staff and lead them.

Pretty much agree with this. I am not particularly sad that we didn't get the others that were hired, including McCoy. McCoy and Kelly were the names du'jour this hiring frenzy but are not sure thing successes at the next level.

Mikey needs to get who he likes best and do it to it.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
HC Horton
OC Gailey/Mularky
DC of his choosing

Hurry up already!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Any of the head coaches they want, except for the candidates that they interviewed once, or wanted to interview, that went out and signed with other teams.

Any of the assistants that they want, except for those who will be hired by the head coaches who are currently building their staffs, and the teams that would prefer to have their assistants doing scouting evaluations for free agents and draft picks.

This is like celebrating that you waited until July to start hiring Ivy League graduates. Yes, the guys that are out there might be desperate for the opportunity, but all the other firms found their Harvard grads and Yalies when they graduated in May. :shrug:

100% agree with this. Ridiculous spin.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so letting everyone else hire their coaches first and then choosing from who the other 7 teams didnt hire was playing it perfect?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same can be said of any of us. We just have to trust in MB and Keim to make this call. Personally, I have a good feeling about Keim.

40, have you ever had a bad feeling about ANYTHING Cardinals related in any off-season?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's navigated a tricky course so far and put us in a strong position. Now, can he put 'er over the finished line?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
40, have you ever had a bad feeling about ANYTHING Cardinals related in any off-season?

Nope. If I don't have something positive to root for, I lose interest. I don't know how ANYBODY can root for a team if they feel the team is hopeless and will never improve because of ownership, coaching, etc. What is there to look forward to? I've seen NFL teams catch lightning in a bottle and have a stupendous year after stumbling through a terrible year. If it can happen to them, it can happen to the Cardinals.

That is the difference between a person like myself with a positive attitude and a person who revels in misery and loathing.;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. If I don't have something positive to root for, I lose interest. I don't know how ANYBODY can root for a team if they feel the team is hopeless and will never improve because of ownership, coaching, etc. What is there to look forward to? I've seen NFL teams catch lightning in a bottle and have a stupendous year after stumbling through a terrible year. If it can happen to them, it can happen to the Cardinals.

That is the difference between a person like myself with a positive attitude and a person who revels in misery and loathing.;)
Colts went from 2-14 to playoff team in one season

With bruce arians as coach.

hmmmm :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's navigated a tricky course so far and put us in a strong position. Now, can he put 'er over the finished line?

how exactly has he put us in a strong position? do you mean by being able to get a new HC while keeping Horton?

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Maybe they want to interview some OC/DC who is still "working" & can't be interviewed yet........

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave