Melo waives his no trade clause....who would want him?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank God the Suns didn't get in on the Melo Sweepstakes. Funny I rooted for him when he was at Syracuse but not no more.
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Berman of the Post is reporting that Carmelo will waive his no-trade clause on Christmas Day.
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Carmelo on his waiving no-trade clause: "This wouldn't be an issue if we were winning.'' Sez still wants to be Knick http://nyp.st/16f5QF5

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe not

BOSTON -- Carmelo Anthony says a published report stating that he is considering waiving his no-trade clause to green light a trade for the New York Knicks is false.

"Come on, man. After all the work I did to get here and get back here? If I was to get up and want to leave now that would just make me weak, make me have a weak mind," Anthony said on Friday morning. "I've never been a person to try to run from any adversity or anything like that so I'm not going to pick today to do that."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-new-york-knicks-not-dropping-no-trade-clause

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So glad we sign Pau instead of this clown.

Lol are you serious? The Bulls need a guy scorer like Melo instead of another guy who is injury prone as hell in Pau.

I always laugh when I see Pau and Rose on the bench wearing a suit its like the Bulls never learn their lesson. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Greg Oden a hefty contract next.

And this the NY media creating garbage. Melo didn't demand out or anything, even though he probably should.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol are you serious? The Bulls need a guy scorer like Melo instead of another guy who is injury prone as hell in Pau.

I always laugh when I see Pau and Rose on the bench wearing a suit its like the Bulls never learn their lesson. I wouldn't be surprised if they give Greg Oden a hefty contract next.

And this the NY media creating garbage. Melo didn't demand out or anything, even though he probably should.

Yes, I am serious. Melo is not a team player and Thibs demands players to be team palyers. And for an injury prone guy, he is averaging a career high in rebounds and 19.8 PPG, while playing some of the best defense of his career while only missing 3 games. Also, Melo would not have allowed Jimmy Butler to break out like he has and Bulter is having a better season than Melo so far and they a reall close in scoring, while adding Pau's scoring. Plus, we would have had to of given up Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to get him. And here is another thing, Pau has played 10 less games than Melo since Melo joined the Knicks, so I guess Melo is also injury prone. So, yes, I am glad Melo is not a Bull.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare and his expiring contract may be more attractive to many teams out there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melo done for the season and Pau having one of his best. I stand by my original statement. Would you like to retract yours?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Melo shutting it down for the season? You so crazy if you think that he's going to miss the All Star game....that's melo only accomplishment.:)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Melo done for the season and Pau having one of his best. I stand by my original statement. Would you like to retract yours?

I still think Melo would have been a better fit than Pau. Many Bulls fans on their forums have been complaining plenty about Pau and his lackluster defense. Not that Melo is a great defender or anything but he's better than Pau.

Plus Pau-Noah really doesn't work that well.

Melo probably doesn't get hurt if he isn't being forced to carry the entire team do so much like he's had to do in NYK as well.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am not sure you can blame Melo, the Knicks are a horrid organisation and have been a joke for years.

They basically have a crazy owner, a rookie GM, a rookie coach and a bad roster.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Melo would have been a better fit than Pau. Many Bulls fans on their forums have been complaining plenty about Pau and his lackluster defense. Not that Melo is a great defender or anything but he's better than Pau.

Plus Pau-Noah really doesn't work that well.

Melo probably doesn't get hurt if he isn't being forced to carry the entire team do so much like he's had to do in NYK as well.

No... he isn't, that comparison is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA