Media silence on game one?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the first quarter and came on Twitter this morning to read tweets from the game from urban, mcmanaman, Somers, etc and it seems they all tweeted Kyler wouldn't play and then went to bed or something. Wth?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urbana piece is a bit fluffy. Looking forward to poster notes. That early play by zaven was great but I never saw him again. The only times I saw Simmons was him getting beat. Moore looked good and as advertised. Colt McCoy looks competent. I didn't get much else out of it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Urbana piece is a bit fluffy. Looking forward to poster notes. That early play by zaven was great but I never saw him again. The only times I saw Simmons was him getting beat. Moore looked good and as advertised. Colt McCoy looks competent. I didn't get much else out of it.
ICYMI there is quite a few post-game thoughts in the pregame thread. Just in case they don't feel like posting it again.:)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All I noticed was Bickley going on a tirade about Cardinals leadership failing cause of sitting K1. He was the same one yesterday on radio saying K1 don't need any preseason snaps smh
Yeah he was going crazy yesterday about Kliff even playing Murray at all. If he turned around and bashed him for not playing Murray? What an inconsistent dou che.

There was nothing to gain by K1 playing without DHop and Green. I'd argue they should have given McCoy MORE snaps. He played pretty well and it would have been nice to see him more. He looked a lot more confident than Streveler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah he was going crazy yesterday about Kliff even playing Murray at all. If he turned around and bashed him for not playing Murray? What an inconsistent dou che.

There was nothing to gain by K1 playing without DHop and Green. I'd argue they should have given McCoy MORE snaps. He played pretty well and it would have been nice to see him more. He looked a lot more confident than Streveler.
McCoy was starting to get rocked. No need to subject the old man to that once he already showed some mastery of the offense.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All I noticed was Bickley going on a tirade about Cardinals leadership failing cause of sitting K1. He was the same one yesterday on radio saying K1 don't need any preseason snaps smh

Ha ha, he really say that?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
McCoy was starting to get rocked. No need to subject the old man to that once he already showed some mastery of the offense.
He was good. You think he is better then Hundley?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Was in the media zone at the SB when Whisenhunt had a Press conference 1 week after his hiring. Bickley walked out because Stone Cold icecream were circling with free icecream. That showed his focus and professionalism.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think you might have missed the fact that it seems we now have a pretty good kicker. Unless, making FG's aren't important to you.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he is and his career definitely suggests he is.

I think McCoy is more of a neutral factor. What I mean by that is that he isn't going to win you games but I dont think he'll lose them.
I honestly dont think he is that much better than Hundley if at all. However, I think McCoy is better for Kyler.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's great to talk about backup QB's, but if KM goes down, so do the Cardinals. I know there are guys who come out of nowhere, but they are few and far between.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Silence? Not hardly.

By holding out Kyler Murray, Cardinals leadership fails 2021 first impression​

Such a piece of crap article.

Bickley railed on Kliff when he was going to play Kyler. Changing your mind isn't indicative of poor leadership.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was good. You think he is better then Hundley?

I certainly do. But I personally don't care much about backup QB's. If they are filling in for any more than a game or two your seasons over.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you might have missed the fact that it seems we now have a pretty good kicker. Unless, making FG's aren't important to you.
I didn't see any field goals but this is a silly comment. I watched the first few drives, didn't analyze the whole game and was commenting on how the media, including Twitter, was silent about the game the night of the game.

Also, I'm not going to use a preseason game to judge a veteran kicker unless he looked horrible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave