Meaningful Cardinal games in December....am I dreaming???

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Most often this time of the year I'm thinking about draft position and how the Cardinals can improve next year, but this year is different. As a Cardinal fan, all I ever hope for at the beginning of the season is for the Cardinals to be relevant and "in the playoff hunt" in November and December. There's nothing worse than watching the last 8 games of the season with no playoff hopes, only watching the the games in hopes of seeing signs of life on the field for next season.

May this be the first of many seasons of November and December relevance for the Cardinals with Murray and Kingsbury leading us to the playoffs year after year.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
In all fairness, many of the past 8 seasons we still had a chance well into December. 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, and now this year. 18 and 19 were the only years we were well out of it come December.

OP
OP
Card'em

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I've been following the Cardinals since the early 70's in St. Louis, so that's a lot of bad football to consider. Other than the Coryell years in St. Louis and the Arians years in Arizona, I don't remember too many stretches of consistent playoff football. Maybe I'm traumatized by all the losing, but the feeling of playoff hopelessness is hard to shake.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
What makes this year great is the fact we are likely the best team in the league. I can’t think of any other year this could be legitimately claimed. I’ve got buddies who are all staunch fans of other teams (cowboys, giants, Seahawks, and others) who have reached out to me to say “cardinals are the clear #1.” Our run defense needs to find some heart, but the rest of the team looks pretty damn solid… this bye is not only coming at a perfect time, but this team rolled into it strong. I think this could be the year. Really hoping the boys stay healthy, keep the hammer down, and we experience some good fortune on the way to February.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Most years we are sitting here saying, “if we win the last 4 games and team A lose 2 games and team B loses 3 games and a Sunami hits the west coast we could get a wild card spot.”
Lovely thing to be in control of our own destiny.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I've been following the Cardinals since the early 70's in St. Louis, so that's a lot of bad football to consider. Other than the Coryell years in St. Louis and the Arians years in Arizona, I don't remember too many stretches of consistent playoff football. Maybe I'm traumatized by all the losing, but the feeling of playoff hopelessness is hard to shake.

Ditto. I have been Cardinal fan since middle 60's. I still have a hard time not saying same old Cardinals every time they lose.

OP
OP
Card'em

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Ditto. I have been Cardinal fan since middle 60's. I still have a hard time not saying same old Cardinals every time they lose.
Yea, it's called PTCD(Post Traumatic Cardinal Syndrome), and along with it comes the belief that behind every silver lining is a cloud. Years of losing just always makes me fear the worst.