Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Seems "light" in tone for sure....more in the Antman vein of Marvel.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We watched Kamala on Disney+. Interesting the tie in with the wrist cuffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My daughter loved the show. Interested to see how this ties into Secret Invasion.
Speaking of, Fury’s reasoning for not bringing in any superheroes is the lamest attempt to justify the biggest plot hole in streaming history imo.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sad she feels this way. I respect all the female bosses I ever had, and I'm an old white dude. I have even had a black female boss. In fact, she was one of my best bosses.
I took this as she was referring to her bosses and the producers (i.e. Kevin Feige etc.)? Maybe she wasn't expecting to feel the respect?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… I think it’s safe to say this movie is going to be bad. Costa is already distancing herself from the movie, calling it Kevin Feige’s movie and that she took a bit of a backseat to his vision/direction. That doesn’t happen when you think you’ve directed a banger Or think you got a fair chance to deliever on your vision for the movie.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay… I think it’s safe to say this movie is going to be bad. Costa is already distancing herself from the movie, calling it Kevin Feige’s movie and that she took a bit of a backseat to his vision/direction. That doesn’t happen when you think you’ve directed a banger.

This isn't a surprise. Reminds me of old school Hollywood where the producers ruled and the director came in to deal with the actors but little else.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This isn't a surprise. Reminds me of old school Hollywood where the producers ruled and the director came in to deal with the actors but little else.
That's what I've been hearing about directing MCU movies for a bit now. I'm blanking on who turned down a directing roll that I saw first said it. I want to say that it was a female director but it's fuzzy. The basic gist of that director's comments where that you're only directing the people and have no control over the rest of the movie. SFX and everything are handled elsewhere and out of their control. The director is just another cog in the machine with them.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
And I agree with @cheesebeef that I think this movie is going to be bad. The recent stories about the budget and run time feel like they're laying the spin ground work for when it bomb. "Making only $200m isn't bad since it's budge was so low" type of spin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose