Joseph Quinn
Ebon Moss-Bachrach

You must be registered for see images attach

That is one hell of a cast. Wow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all going to be about the script. Fox did so much damage to this property.
Undoubtedly.

I wonder if Ebon is slept on as an actor here. He’s a freaking beast of rage while still making you empathize for his characters, especially on The Bear. Definitely brings the right energy for The Thing.

Kirby is also an amazing actor and does anything really need be said about Pascal?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Full cast announced:

Pedro Pascal
Vanessa Kirby
Joseph Quinn
Ebon Moss-Bachrach
I still don't like the casting of Pedro as Reed. It just feels off to me. He's a great actor but I'm not sure about him in this role.

Kirby and Ebon I like a lot. Good casting.

Joseph Quinn is intriguing. I've only seen him as Eddie Munson in ST and he stole the show. If that's typical for him than I'm excited over the casting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't like the casting of Pedro as Reed. It just feels off to me. He's a great actor but I'm not sure about him in this role.
Maybe. It doesn't seem like a FANTASTIC fit but I also thought the same of a certain ex-Human Torch that took over the role of Captain America. So, I will withhold any judgment.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe. It doesn't seem like a FANTASTIC fit but I also thought the same of a certain ex-Human Torch that took over the role of Captain America. So, I will withhold any judgment.
This is where I’m at, especially because Pascal is such an incredible actor.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is where I’m at, especially because Pascal is such an incredible actor.
But Chris Evans has always had the look of the all-american guy -- whether he's the partying frat boy Human Torch, or the patriotic Captain America, he fit both roles well.

Pedro seems more like an everyman to me, and Reed Richards definitely is NOT an everyman. It's unfortunate because I thought Ione Grunffeld did have the right look in a terrible movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Chris Evans has always had the look of the all-american guy -- whether he's the partying frat boy Human Torch, or the patriotic Captain America, he fit both roles well.

Pedro seems more like an everyman to me, and Reed Richards definitely is NOT an everyman. It's unfortunate because I thought Ione Grunffeld did have the right look in a terrible movie.
Yeah… I don’t begrudge anyone’s who’s kinda rubbed the wrong way about that casting. I just like him enough that I’m still excited for the entire team. I’m also not a major comic book aficionado either so I can be a little more flexible with outside the box casting ideas.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

For me it had nothing to do with the All-American look (his face). It had to do with his resume up to that point acting, the fact that he seemed way to skinny and didn't look the part otherwise. Many people couldn't see him in the part if you go back and look at social media after the casting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For me it had nothing to do with the All-American look (his face). It had to do with his resume up to that point acting, the fact that he seemed way to skinny and didn't look the part otherwise. Many people couldn't see him in the part if you go back and look at social media after the casting.
Which part are you talking about? Human Torch?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which part are you talking about? Human Torch?
That and then I think the next movie I recall with him was Push. After seeing him play those two parts I just had a hard time picturing him as CAP.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That and then I think the next movie I recall with him was Push. After seeing him play those two parts I just had a hard time picturing him as CAP.
I actually liked Push, but as far as Human Torch goes, at that time, how known was he? I thought he embodied Johnny pretty well, actually, but to me, he was born to play Captain America, and some credit should go to the casting directors for those movies. I don't think I had the same issues as you picturing him as Cap. The first movie did a great job showing his origin story -- in fact, I'd suggest that the first Captain America movie was the best origin story in the MCU. Not the best movie (for example, Iron Man was a better MOVIE), but definitely the best origin story.

Although to be fair, if you think about it, there aren't many true origin stories in the MCU. Thor was already established as Thor when we first saw him, and technically the MCU bypassed Banner's origin as the Hulk.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That artwork seems to indicate it will be based in the 60s.

Reaction score

Ioan Gruffudd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave