MCU: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am barely on this seasons first episode. It’s so twisted.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow, this ended up going $94.5m over it's $200m budget according to Forbes. It's crazy to think that they spent about $349m on this train wreck.

Train wreck? Hard disagree. It made plenty of money and was a heck of a lot of fun for me and many others. Yes, it went over budget, but a lot of that was pandemic related, according to the article, and it made almost a billion dollars.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Train wreck? Hard disagree. It made plenty of money and was a heck of a lot of fun for me and many others. Yes, it went over budget, but a lot of that was pandemic related, according to the article, and it made almost a billion dollars.
Yes, train wreck. This movie was a complete mess IMO. The first Doctor Strange is one of my favorite MCU movies and this one will never be seen again. And it with a budget that high it barely made money even though it grossed over $900m.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes, train wreck. This movie was a complete mess IMO. The first Doctor Strange is one of my favorite MCU movies and this one will never be seen again. And it with a budget that high it barely made money even though it grossed over $900m.
I'm not sure how that's barely making money, but okay. As for the rest, we simply differ in opinion.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how that's barely making money, but okay. As for the rest, we simply differ in opinion.
The general rule of thumb is that the movie has to gross 3x of budget. The standards have always been to add 50% of production budget for promotion and marketing then the studio only gets 50-60% of domestic ticket sales and their take from international box offices is that or less depending on the country.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose