Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? Will there ever be a movie as big as Endgame? I'm going with no.
Both Infinity War and End Game were huge. It's going to be hard to replicate that. You have to get everyone to buy into the next generation of Avengers, then build up a bad guy (they are trying with Kang) then have a huge event like conclusion. It's possible but it's going to be hard to pull it off twice IMO.

Having said that Deadpool is a totally different kind of property like the Avengers. It's not all encompassing. So, I don't see the correlation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Both Infinity War and End Game were huge. It's going to be hard to replicate that. You have to get everyone to buy into the next generation of Avengers, then build up a bad guy (they are trying with Kang) then have a huge event like conclusion. It's possible but it's going to be hard to pull it off twice IMO.

Having said that Deadpool is a totally different kind of property like the Avengers. It's not all encompassing. So, I don't see the correlation.
The correlation is that Deadpool 3 will be in the MCU. That's a pretty big connection that comes with all kinds of (unreasonable) expectations.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The correlation is that Deadpool 3 will be in the MCU. That's a pretty big connection that comes with all kinds of (unreasonable) expectations.
Agree but that's not what I mean. I should have been clearer. Avengers is a huge ensemble peace made up of individual stories (a la Iron Man, Thor, etc.) that was laid out over a period of time. Throwing Wolverine together with Deadpool doesn't coorelate to that type of film. It's not a huge ensemble with stakes as high as coming together and fighting Thanos.

I am not sure what he means by that comparison. It's clearly not the same type of thing. Maybe he is predicting box office?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agree but that's not what I mean. I should have been clearer. Avengers is a huge ensemble peace made up of individual stories (a la Iron Man, Thor, etc.) that was laid out over a period of time. Throwing Wolverine together with Deadpool doesn't coorelate to that type of film. It's not a huge ensemble with stakes as high as coming together and fighting Thanos.

I am not sure what he means by that comparison. It's clearly not the same type of thing. Maybe he is predicting box office?
You’re right, but maybe changing the format injects some life into the MCU. It’s been pretty blah since Endgame, even with decent movies like Strange 2 and Shang Chi.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right, but maybe changing the format injects some life into the MCU. It’s been pretty blah since Endgame, even with decent movies like Strange 2 and Shang Chi.
Shang Chi is my favorite Marvel movie of all time. I said it.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shang Chi is my favorite Marvel movie of all time. I said it.
That's my wife's favorite. My older daughter loves it too. I thought it was really really good. Not Winter Soldier, Civil War, End Game good but really really good. It's up there for sure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose