MCU: Daredevil: Born Again (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel​

According to a report from THR, Disney is currently planning to bring a new season of Daredevil to Disney Plus. Matt Corman and Chris Ord, the creators of Covert Affairs, are apparently being tapped to write and executive produce the show.

If the new series comes to fruition, Daredevil will be the first of the original Netflix Marvel series (which included shows like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage) to be revived post the launch of Disney Plus. Would this open the doors for more? Possibly...

Daredevil, which starred Charlie Cox as a blind attorney with mind-blowing fighting abilities, ran for three seasons on Netflix. It was well-received in every way a superhero show can be well received and many mourned its passing. Long-term fans may remember a misfiring movie starring Ben Affleck as Daredevil, but we don't talk about that.

Charlie Cox did appear in a cameo in the last Spider-Man movie, No Way Home, which could -- in hindsight -- have been a primer for the return of this show.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Excited for this. I thought Daredevil was excellent and adding him back to the more central MCU can only hopefully be a positive.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I dunno, Ouchie. It doesn't sound like it's going to be the same show, with the original writers out. It does sound like Cox will be back, but what about other cast members?

The thing that cheeses me off is that it's going to be behind the evil empire's pay wall.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I dunno, Ouchie. It doesn't sound like it's going to be the same show, with the original writers out. It does sound like Cox will be back, but what about other cast members?

The thing that cheeses me off is that it's going to be behind the evil empire's pay wall.
That sounds pretty entitled there Stout.

Stout

Reaction score
That sounds pretty entitled there Stout.
lol No. I pay for Netflix and it was a Netflix created show. I understand how properties are bought and sold, and Disney has every right to put it behind their pay wall. That doesn't mean I have to like it, and not liking it doesn't make me entitled.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol No. I pay for Netflix and it was a Netflix created show. I understand how properties are bought and sold, and Disney has every right to put it behind their pay wall. That doesn't mean I have to like it, and not liking it doesn't make me entitled.
Got it. You're just cheap. ;)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The change in streaming services has more people concerned because what worked at Netflix (darker, edgier shows) may not fly at Disney+. Fans want these characters and their stories to continue but fear a letdown in the authenticity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The change in streaming services has more people concerned because what worked at Netflix (darker, edgier shows) may not fly at Disney+. Fans want these characters and their stories to continue but fear a letdown in the authenticity.
Mom knight was darker than most MCU on Disney. I think they’re can keep it dark.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they'd utilize Hulu more for more adult MCU content but I can see why they want it all centralized on Disney+.

I don't think Daredevil will be much of an issue on D+ but the world Daredevil is in is much darker so they'll need to find a good balance between character and setting for it to work. If they hope to shine a light on the villains he regularly faces and the heroes he often teams with will require an edgier tone. That's where they could end up limited.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish they'd utilize Hulu more for more adult MCU content but I can see why they want it all centralized on Disney+.

I don't think Daredevil will be much of an issue on D+ but the world Daredevil is in is much darker so they'll need to find a good balance between character and setting for it to work. If they hope to shine a light on the villains he regularly faces and the heroes he often teams with will require an edgier tone. That's where they could end up limited.
His story takes place primarily in Hell’s Kitchen, so it’s tough to get out of the darker setting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super excited. As long as it’s similar in tone I will be happy. Love Charlie Cox. It was behind Netflix’s paywall and now Disney’s so same difference to me.

Stout

Reaction score
Super excited. As long as it’s similar in tone I will be happy. Love Charlie Cox. It was behind Netflix’s paywall and now Disney’s so same difference to me.
If you already pay for them both, then there's no difference. I pay for Netflix; I don't pay for Disney. This means I literally have to pay twice to see it. But I'm "privileged" because I don't want to pay twice to watch a show lol

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you already pay for them both, then there's no difference. I pay for Netflix; I don't pay for Disney. This means I literally have to pay twice to see it. But I'm "privileged" because I don't want to pay twice to watch a show lol
The opposite can be said for someone who was already paying for both. I already had both services so it doesn't feel like paying twice for me. That show didn't drive my subscriptions for either.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How long do you expect a show to be available? It ended like 5 years ago. If you feel ripped off that it's no longer available then that seems like a you problem more than anything and you might as well get used to it in the current climate of streaming services because stuff will leave and pop up on others.

Stout

Reaction score
How long do you expect a show to be available? It ended like 5 years ago. If you feel ripped off that it's no longer available then that seems like a you problem more than anything and you might as well get used to it in the current climate of streaming services because stuff will leave and pop up on others.
Yes, it's going to happen that you get ripped off by providers in streaming services. No, that doesn't mean you have to like it. No, that also doesn't mean that fellow posters should feel the "privilege" to call you "privileged" for not liking it. Also, your opinion is certainly a "you" problem and not a "me" problem ;)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I’ll watch it regardless, but yeah, I’d prefer a continuation of the previous story. Would love to see The Punisher return in some capacity as well, but that probably won’t happen with the Mouse.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will watch it regardless because it's Charlie Cox. However, I am curious if this will be a multiverse version of DareDevil. It sort of makes sense with the MCU going hard at the multiverse in the next phase. Either way, if it's good I am there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They recast Elektra so I imagine it will be a multi verse thing. That would also allow them to bring back in Ben Urich.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose