MCU: Daredevil: Born Again (Disney+)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well this is disappointing news. But it does sound like Jon Bernthal is going to be back as the Punisher in the series.

I'm out. They're simply bringing the character back and changing everything else. I'll be content with watching Daredevil as a character in other shows like She-Hulk. Why would I want to invest in a Daredevil reboot when so many of the shows are bad and the overall Marvel content has been flagging?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Just continue from the Netflix version. It’s already a winning formula.
Cost too much money to do that. One of the things I read about during the strike is how the studios are using these resets to screw over the crews. That's why we're only getting a couple seasons out of a show. IIRC there's perks that get turned on if the show goes 3 or more seasons that don't exist in the first two. So cancel after 2 and then "reimagine" the show to get around those aspects of the contracts.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Cost too much money to do that. One of the things I read about during the strike is how the studios are using these resets to screw over the crews. That's why we're only getting a couple seasons out of a show. IIRC there's perks that get turned on if the show goes 3 or more seasons that don't exist in the first two. So cancel after 2 and then "reimagine" the show to get around those aspects of the contracts.
Yeah I posted an article about that and the article specifically cited this show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So lame of them to do it that way. :thumbdown

Maybe instead of, "Cost too much money to do that," it's more accurate to say, "It's not as profitable to do that."

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof, this isn't a good sign. Marvel let the writers and directors go and plan to completely overhaul the show.

Disney cleaned house. They are replacing the show runners, essentially fired the writers and let go of all of the directors. Who thought it was a good idea for Daredevil not to wear his costume until the 4th episode?!?!? Disney+ shows tend to be slow burn sometimes but this is not the first introduction of the character. This is supposed to be an alternate universe version. Feige and company was seeing what a disaster this was. Glad to see Marvel realizing the way they have been doing it has been a mess.

Even Iger recently said, that the overall company is in much worse shape then he imagined after taking things back over from the previous guys who made a mess of everything. He is overhauling many aspects of Disney from the theme parks, to the movie studios and TV production. Sounds like they should have picked his successor more wisely.

Specifically, for Marvel TV production sounds like Disney wants to change how their shows are run overall. Evidently, they are moving away from limited series and will instead produce multi-season TV shows. In addition, Marvel TV shows will now have traditional show runners that will write pilots and show bibles for the production. The studio also plans on having full-time television executives, instead of execs who have their feet in both television and film.

Evidently, it took them a long time to realize that filming an entire series and then looking back at what worked and what didn’t in post-production is a really expensive way to make television.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose