MCU: Captain America: Brave New World

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anthony Mackie Closes Deal To Star In Disney/Marvel’s ‘Captain America 4’ Film

Anthony Mackie has closed a deal to carry the shield and his first superhero picture in Captain America 4, sources said.

Kevin Feige’s Marvel Studios keeps its details well under wraps and it isn’t clear whether the movie will involve Sebastian Stan, who starred with Mackie in the well-received Marvel Studios Disney+ limited series The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

The unofficial title indicates this is Mackie’s vehicle, and it’s an exceptional career moment for the Juilliard-educated actor who has been a bright spot in every film he’s appeared in. That includes the Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker, 8 Mile and The Banker, to his turns as Falcon, the wingman of Captain America, who was handpicked by that superhero to succeed him. The series involved his conflict in taking on the superhero persona. Mackie played Falcon in six Marvel films beginning with
Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Mackie but unsure he can carry a film of this magnitude
I was really excited for him when Season 2 of Altered Carbon came out. He couldn't carry that series. It just didn't have the same feel after he took over. I thought Sebastian Stan carried Falcon & The Winder Soldier for the most part even though Mackie had some great moments.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be Secret Avengers versus Thunderbolts. I will watch

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was really excited for him when Season 2 of Altered Carbon came out. He couldn't carry that series. It just didn't have the same feel after he took over. I thought Sebastian Stan carried Falcon & The Winder Soldier for the most part even though Mackie had some great moments.
Eh, I don't think anybody was saving season 2 of Altered Carbon.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think anybody was saving season 2 of Altered Carbon.
It seemed pretty obvious there were re-writes because I don’t think changing the lead was planned. There was just no cohesion between the seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agree on both counts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m super curious to see if this movie ends up making the same kind of bank as the rest of the big Marvel movies. Cap was arguably the #1 or at worst #2 of the entire Avengers saga. This isn’t like replacing James Bond where audiences are used to a four or five movie run, then a cool off period, then a brand new fresh face to take on the mantle.

I think it’s much more difficult for Mackie to ascend to the most important or second most important member of the entire MCU if for no other reason than he was introduced as a sidekick and through his entire run, the writers never really gave him the material to ascend to a much bigger role… even when he was the star of his own TV show. That should have been a grand launch pad for him, but the storytelling just lacked… an oomph.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"It's going to be a really, really incredible ride. It's a paranoid thriller with Sam (Wilson) at the center of it, and he is now in this position where he is a leader and he has to deal with that challenge of what it means to lead a group of people that he really cares about. For Sam, beforehand, he was part of a team, but now to be at the head of a team is a new set of challenges, so his journey in this film is really about that."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Meh. He doesn't have super strength like the original cap. I definitely don't want to see a scene like that from this version unless he is using technology to assist him. It would indicate there isn't a difference between a superpower human and him. That's not the case. The Winder Solider could but not this version.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose