MCU: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I never really followed Namor comics or anything as a kid. I thought he was weird being like Aquaman but could also fly which was a weird combo because if he was out of the water too long he lost his strength. Just weird.

Also, because I never followed those comics I was wondering if the Atlanteans actually fought against the Wakandans (which appears to be the case in this trailer) in the comics?

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Also, because I never followed those comics I was wondering if the Atlanteans actually fought against the Wakandans (which appears to be the case in this trailer) in the comics?

Most definitely. Namor actually destroyed Wakanda's capital by flooding it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie idea should have died with Boseman's unfortunate passing. Looks like typical MCU with nothing new or interesting about it.
Based on a trailer?! I am actually really interested in this. I might not feel the same after it's over but I am definitely interested.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on a trailer?! I am actually really interested in this. I might not feel the same after it's over but I am definitely interested.
Same. I’m curious to see if they can pull off the impossible. Bozeman was beloved in the role and an instant icon. Tough to replace that.

but Ryan Coogler is an amazing Director and I’d think people would give this a shot if for no other reason than that.

he already pulled off the absolute unthinkable with Creed, IMO. There is no bigger Rocky fan in the world than I am. I used to sign my papers Rocky 3 Shapiro. Still listen to go Gonna Fly Now to kick off every writing session. And somehow, Coogler took what could have been a truly pathetic cash grab and made the second best Rocky movie of the entire saga.

im at least giving him the benefit of the doubt that this will be at worst GOOD. Fruitvale Station, Creed and Black Panther were all triples to grand slam home runs. I don’t expect him to fall off the map here with such a treasured property to his community.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early reactions:

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is fantastic!
Fico Cangiano, CineXpress
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is as epic as Marvel sequels get.
Germain Lussier, io9.com
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is an emotional journey well worth the wait.
Aaron Perine, ComicBook.com
This may be the best Marvel movie yet.
Daniel Howat, Next Best Picture
Marvel Studios’ most deeply felt and emotional resonant extravaganza.
Drew Taylor, The Playlist
It surpasses the incredible first film with high stakes and thrilling world-building.
Black Panther continues to be [Marvel’s] crown jewel.
Orlando Maldonado, Orlando en el Cine
Letitia Wright’s Shuri is quite the beating heart of this film. And Tenoch Huerta? They couldn’t have found a better Namor.
Perri Nemiroff, Collider
Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett and Tenoch Huerta all bring some of the best acting I’ve seen all year.
Everyone ups their game from the first film with standout performances from Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett, and Tenoch Huerta.
Matt Neglia, Next Best Picture
The entire ensemble is phenomenal, but Tenoch Huerta bursts onto the scene with a brilliant, complex turn as Namor.
Riri Williams is such a big personality character, she instantly fits right in and feels like she belongs in the MCU. I think she might be the breakout character of the film other than Namor.
Travis Hopson, Punch Drunk Critics
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is a moving tribute to Chadwick Boseman & a powerful continuation of his legacy.
Matt Neglia, Next Best Picture
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is a beautiful tribute to Chadwick Boseman.
Clayton Davis, Variety
A beautiful tribute to Boseman’s legacy.
Fico Cangiano, CineXpress
It honors Chadwick perfectly.
Tessa Smith, Mama’s Geeky
Exactly the cathartic experience I hoped it would be, helping us move past our grief while watching the Wakandans fight to do the same.
Travis Hopson, Punch Drunk Critics
The story is hugely ambitious & thematically rewarding with gut-wrenching twists and turns throughout.
Germain Lussier, io9.com
Outstanding. It handles loss, grief, and revenge with maturity and seriousness rarely seen in the MCU.
An immensely powerful story of forging forward — shattering at times, but also beautifully cathartic and heartening. Cannot get over how well the film earns that title.
Perri Nemiroff, Collider
Spends way too much time setting up future MCU projects and coping with its non-fiction tragedy.
Scott Mendelson, Forbes
Ryan Coogler ups his game on the action.
Brandon Davis, ComicBook.com
[The effects are] leaps and bounds better than the first Black Panther. Excellent overall.
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever prioritizes sentiment over spectacle and for the most part it’s a transporting and engrossing triumph.
Drew Taylor, The Playlist

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Release Date: November 11, 2022
Studio: Marvel Studios, Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Ryan Coogler
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of strong violence, action and some language
Screenwriters: Ryan Coogler, Joe Robert Cole
Genre: Action | Adventure | Drama

Plot Summary: The people of Wakanda fight to protect their home from intervening world powers as they mourn the death of King T'Challa.

Starring: Tenoch Huerta, Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett, Lake Bell, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, Martin Freeman, Michaela Coel

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought this was disappointing. It had a lot of really good parts, and some touching tributes to Boseman, of course, but was filled with bloat and uneven in parts. I was really, REALLY looking forward to this, and defiant in the face of my friends not wanting to see it. I'm still glad I watched, but I think I'm good from now on when it comes to Black Panther movies.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this movie.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be reading *only* Stout's posts. My recommendation: Don't. I won't begrudge him his personal feelings, but he hates everything.

Count me as one of the 95%.

Na all my boys who seen it say it’s horrible.

I was all in and now after hearing about it I got no interest in watching this ever

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Na all my boys who seen it say it’s horrible.

I was all in and now after hearing about it I got no interest in watching this ever

Wow I would say that the guy playing Namor by himself is worth a watch.

That's a very complicated character that can be hero or villain at any moment and he absolutely nailed it.

I look forward to his next appearance.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also if you go one very important mid credit screen and no post credit.

Try not to shed a tear at the end. My friends rented an entire theater to watch it and I heard a lot of guys huffing and breathing deep at the end

I literally just held my breath.