McNabb syndrome

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dear Cardinals players: When you guys go into overtime, please, please, please be aware that there is only ONE overtime!

• "Amendola just told me he thought there was going to be a second overtime," King tweeted Sunday night. "Didn't know it was over till he heard from an official."
  • San Francisco safety Dashon Golden didn't know either. "I didn't know you could tie," he said, according to Bay Area News group. "When I saw both sides walking onto the field, I was like, 'Where's everybody going?'"

:bang:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep one local reporter said at least a half dozen 49er players admitted they didn't know the rule and one 49er rep was going around telling players to not answer that question.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cant tell if Goldson is serious or not..lol:mulli:

He was but it's not just SF it's league wide. Teams that played in OT regularly, like the Cards, know the rules, but teams who haven't don't.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sure is strange, ive known there were ties in football since I was very young.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To be fair remember there are no ties in College. They keep playing until someone wins. So that would be an excuse for younger players. But guys who have been in the league for a while no.

Just goes to show you that sometimes the fans do know more than the players. :)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If coaches prepared their players I bet they would have known the rules. I blame that lack of knowledge squarely on the coaches not putting in the prep time.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If coaches prepared their players I bet they would have known the rules. I blame that lack of knowledge squarely on the coaches not putting in the prep time.

And if the Rams had won it would be the first time in the history of the NFL that a weaker team had beaten a better team.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
And if the Rams had won it would be the first time in the history of the NFL that a weaker team had beaten a better team.

Not the first time, Pitt did beat us in the Super Bowl after all. So you do have a precedence on your side.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To be fair remember there are no ties in College. They keep playing until someone wins. So that would be an excuse for younger players. But guys who have been in the league for a while no.

Just goes to show you that sometimes the fans do know more than the players. :)
That would be an awesome off-season sports show. Fans vs current/former NFL players in a trivia setting. Some of the current Players probably wouldn't want to be shown up but the former players might be game.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
That would be an awesome off-season sports show. Fans vs current/former NFL players in a trivia setting. Some of the current Players probably wouldn't want to be shown up but the former players might be game.

Would these players be pre or post concussions? I think fans would demolish the post concussion players.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread made me think of the quote.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. "

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread made me think of the quote.

"How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. "
Are you saying this is pretty much the worst thread ever posted?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would these players be pre or post concussions? I think fans would demolish the post concussion players.
We can have them all take a pre-screen, SAT style where you get points for getting your name right. The ones that don't do so well, players or fans, would probably make some of the best shows as far as entertainment goes.

Once a month have some wife on wife action. My wife aint up on her rules and regs, but I've met some NFL uber-smart honeys along the way. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA