McD Sabatoged Ainge

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did anyone hear mcd on doug and Wolf, they asked about danny ainges comments where he was pissed at josh jackson cancelling a workout.

He basically admitted that may have had something to do with him, and he feels proud of it. He said he and ainge are good friends, but that was on the back burner during this process. Very well done!

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone heard mcd on doug and Wolf, they asked about danny ainges comments where he was pissed at josh jackson cancelling a workout.

He basically admitted that may have had something to do with him, and he feels proud of it. He said he and ainge are good friends, but that was on the back burner during this process. Very well done!
Its commonly done. A team like the Suns convinces a player that they have the best situation for him and asks him to cancel all other workouts. The Suns did it with Amare.

Besides, Ainge still owes McD for the IT gift.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually like McD, i think the uncertain directions and crazy rumors come from pressure from Sarver.

The Bulls GM yesterday had the perfect presser. He said we are committed to rebuilding. He said the most important thing in this process is we stay true to one objective. Bulls will rebuild much faster than Suns did because of some consistent direction.

These trade rumors of Millsap, Butler, Aldridge are just plain stupid and i think come from Sarver who knows nothing about basketball

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually like McD, i think the uncertain directions and crazy rumors come from pressure from Sarver.

The Bulls GM yesterday had the perfect presser. He said we are committed to rebuilding. He said the most important thing in this process is we stay true to one objective. Bulls will rebuild much faster than Suns did because of some consistent direction.

These trade rumors of Millsap, Butler, Aldridge are just plain stupid and i think come from Sarver who knows nothing about basketball
Yeah and then he proceeded to sell the draft pick that ended up being Jordan Bell...

You can't rebuild while selling draft picks for money especially good value picks.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah and then he proceeded to sell the draft pick that ended up being Jordan Bell...

You can't rebuild while selling draft picks for money especially good value picks.

Bell has medical issues. Not sure I would call that a good value pick. More than likely Bell will never sniff the NBA, or at best a couple minutes a game.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Did anyone hear mcd on doug and Wolf, they asked about danny ainges comments where he was pissed at josh jackson cancelling a workout.

McD is a stone cold killer.

You must be registered for see images attach

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ill bet he promised Jackson and sold him on the young core. It probably also had something to do with Boston looking at Butler and Paul George which play Jacksons position.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't care so much about the sabotage, but am happy to hear that Jackson was sold on the Suns, if true. He didn't seem particularly ecstatic on TV last night, something which Bill Simmons commented on as well. Just speculation of course.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't care so much about the sabotage, but am happy to hear that Jackson was sold on the Suns, if true. He didn't seem particularly ecstatic on TV last night, something which Bill Simmons commented on as well.

That's an understatement. He gave clearly the least enthusiastic interview of the top five picks. It was striking, especially given his reputation for high energy and loving to play.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares, he is here now, we have several years to win him over (if that is even necessary). Bill Simmons is a huuuuge Celtics fan, he was probably trying to wrap his head around how his team landed the #1 pick in a draft with 3 guys projected as potential superstars and somehow didn't land any of them.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares, he is here now, we have several years to win him over (if that is even necessary). Bill Simmons is a huuuuge Celtics fan, he was probably trying to wrap his head around how his team landed the #1 pick in a draft with 3 guys projected as potential superstars and somehow didn't land any of them.

Also, the first thing he was asked is "If he should have worked out for Boston"....well that would put anyone in a downing moment wouldn't it?

Jackson will be fine. It's a good chemistry team we have and JJ is needed here and he knows it. Some big money and new friends will correct any misgivings he 'might' have....trust me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, the first thing he was asked is "If he should have worked out for Boston"....well that would put anyone in a downing moment wouldn't it?

Jackson will be fine. It's a good chemistry team we have and JJ is needed here and he knows it. Some big money and new friends will correct any misgivings he 'might' have....trust me.

Agreed, that was my take too, he seemed fine until that was the first comment thrown at him. I'm not worried he does not want to be here, if he wanted to be a Celtic then he would have worked out for them, he clearly didn't want to.

Errntknght

Reaction score

I missed that... I thought we had three draft picks 4, 32, 54 and used them on Jackson, Reed, and Peters...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed that... I thought we had three draft picks 4, 32, 54 and used them on Jackson, Reed, and Peters...

It was Chicago who sold the bell pick.

What is far more baffling than them selling the Bell pick though was them including their own 16th pick in the Butler trade. Why did the BULLS have to sweeten the pot there? They give up an All-NBA stud in his prime and the 16th pick in a deep draft and in return get Dunn, a guy who was supposed to be polished and NBA ready and instead was an unmitigated disaster as a rookie, LaVine, an athletic freak... coming off an ACL injury and the 7th pick. Chicago must have loooooooooved Markkanen for that trade to have gone through.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
That's an understatement. He gave clearly the least enthusiastic interview of the top five picks. It was striking, especially given his reputation for high energy and loving to play.

If you watch his other interviews he seems pretty happy. Might not have helped that she instantly led with a Celtics question.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man. I was just watching more clips. He has Shawn Marion-like pogo stick hops. He is a better
If you watch his other interviews he seems pretty happy. Might not have helped that she instantly led with a Celtics question.
Yeah. It might have been awkward. He had to stop and remember what the scripted answer was for that question.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was talking about Chicago who imo has the worst front office in all of sports.

It's not even fair that their ripping apart and destroying a once legendary sports franchise in the Chicago Bulls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have been there. Those were dark days. One of the picks sold was Gortat.

Was Rondo another?