Mayock doesn't sound to me like he would want to trade up

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't trust anything at this time of the year. However, I do think Raiders will stay with Carr at QB and use their 3 #1 picks to build their team. It really makes the most sense and Mayock is a good judge of players. Bottom line is I don't see any team trading up to get the Cards pick.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't trust anything at this time of the year. However, I do think Raiders will stay with Carr at QB and use their 3 #1 picks to build their team. It really makes the most sense and Mayock is a good judge of players. Bottom line is I don't see any team trading up to get the Cards pick.
Agree with the first part. Talk is cheap and irrelevent - Raiders will trade up unless they don't. What Mayock says or doesn't say is just background noise & should be vigorously ignored.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We will see what this loudmouth does now that he is not just blowing hot air and pulling up obscure tape on weekend a year

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
No way the Raiders are trading any of those picks. Mayock was hired for this moment. Not trading up for the midget. Too many holes elsewhere. Might take him at 4 but not at 1.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Been saying it since January.... Mayock won’t trade draft capital to move up. It goes against almost all of his core beliefs about the NFL Draft.

It’s like you haven’t seen him on TV the last decade. I don’t care who is in charge....... You don’t hire this guy unless you will listen to him in a draft room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mayock like Bellichick is a believer of trading down and only on a few occasions up. Keim is a more variable drafter most times down but sometimes up. But Mayock was hired because of Gruden and they aren't building there team for this year but for the next year, so who doesn know what they will do.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Don't discount a trade up for the consensus #1 player in this draft and a dire need : Bosa.

This is the deepest D-Line draft since 2002. Only an idiot would trade up for a D-Lineman when the team with the top pick is almost unanimously expected to draft a Quarterback

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the deepest D-Line draft since 2002. Only an idiot would trade up for a D-Lineman when the team with the top pick is almost unanimously expected to draft a Quarterback

Who cares what the buzz is?

If BOSA is #1 on their board and they know they'll lose him to SF at #2, then they could move up.

Only an idiot would discount this scenario. And KM, if that is the want, would assuredly be available at #4.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Another thing to consider with the Raiders...they traded for Antonio Brown .How happy will the diva WR be if the team drafts a rookie QB who scrambles at the slightest pressure.Will Antonio Brown be happy playing sandlot football or will he prefer a pocket Qb who can get him the ball for his 100 catches.I would think that Diva Brown prefers being the main target and star and doesn`t like anything that might upset that fact.Just thinking out loud and wondering IF something like that could come into play/or be in the back of Grudens /Mayocks heads.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds a bit paranoid.If you don't trust your own scouts then why the hell have them on the payroll?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two Raiders buddies want to dump Carr and get Murray. They think Carr is average and you can only win with him if your team is loaded.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
My two Raiders buddies want to dump Carr and get Murray. They think Carr is average and you can only win with him if your team is loaded.

Everybody always wants the shiny new toy even if the old one works fine.Most fans have the attention span of a hard boiled egg.Put a sticker on the product saying new and improved and some will buy it even if its not worth a crap.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody always wants the shiny new toy even if the old one works fine.Most fans have the attention span of a hard boiled egg.Put a sticker on the product saying new and improved and some will buy it even if its not worth a crap.

From their perspective that shiny new toy would be 4 years of a rookie salary. After next year they can dump Carr for a total of 7 million dollars in cap hit compared to paying him 62 million dollars.

So Murray equates to what they feel is an upgrade and 2-3 additional players in talent. That is why he is worth trading for

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But it's also a business.. and as the game grows, you need to grow with it. Or get left behind.. just like the old toy that works just fine.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
But it's also a business.. and as the game grows, you need to grow with it. Or get left behind.. just like the old toy that works just fine.

What good is having a business leader (QB) and not having a quality supporting cast to work with?A subpar supporting cast makes a leader look like crap also.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
From their perspective that shiny new toy would be 4 years of a rookie salary. After next year they can dump Carr for a total of 7 million dollars in cap hit compared to paying him 62 million dollars.

So Murray equates to what they feel is an upgrade and 2-3 additional players in talent. That is why he is worth trading for

IMHO they are delusional .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson