Maybe Sam Bradford isn't even the QB he used to be..

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
From what I can tell, he only attempted 2 downfield passes the entire game. One was the long play to Fitz, the other was the pick.

Sure, I can also recall a few drops, the ones I remember though were passes in the flat that would have been for virtually no gain.

This is who he is. His high completion rate is a result of him throwing timid passes. It's why, as k9 pointed out, he's rarely able able to lead a team back from a deficit.

He isn't terrible, but he is a poor man's Alex Smith. A below average starting QB.
Perhaps they all wouldn't have been big gainers but it would have painted a far different picture of his performance. He had at least 5 medium to long attempts and overall, wasn't just dumping things off to the flat every time. Not saying he was Kurt Warner but I do disagree with the picture being painted.

Or at least how I'm hearing it. I don't see people saying the whole offense struggled and the team looked ill-prepared, it's more like Bradford alone was displaying all of his shortcomings.

17 QB's completed less than 60% of their passes in week 1 and 11 QB's had a rating of 60 or less, including Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Nick Foles, Matt Stafford and Jimmy Garrapolo. And Bradford was the only one of them on a new team in a new offense. Maybe things aren't looking too rosy for the Cardinals right now but maybe the league wide skipping of most of the preseason and CBA shortened offseason is having more of an effect than it seemed?

Bradford was high with some of his passes and more inaccurate than usual so that suggests to me that he doesn't even know his receivers and where they'll be just yet. Maybe the receivers don't know where they're supposed to be just yet? Which is actually better than the alternative because in the past when Bradford's thrown his passes high like that it's because his knee wasn't right. He had 2 or 3 runs though so hopefully it's the former.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps they all wouldn't have been big gainers but it would have painted a far different picture of his performance. He had at least 5 medium to long attempts and overall, wasn't just dumping things off to the flat every time. Not saying he was Kurt Warner but I do disagree with the picture being painted.

Or at least how I'm hearing it. I don't see people saying the whole offense struggled and the team looked ill-prepared, it's more like Bradford alone was displaying all of his shortcomings.

17 QB's completed less than 60% of their passes in week 1 and 11 QB's had a rating of 60 or less, including Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Nick Foles, Matt Stafford and Jimmy Garrapolo. And Bradford was the only one of them on a new team in a new offense. Maybe things aren't looking too rosy for the Cardinals right now but maybe the league wide skipping of most of the preseason and CBA shortened offseason is having more of an effect than it seemed?

Bradford was high with some of his passes and more inaccurate than usual so that suggests to me that he doesn't even know his receivers and where they'll be just yet. Maybe the receivers don't know where they're supposed to be just yet? Which is actually better than the alternative because in the past when Bradford's thrown his passes high like that it's because his knee wasn't right. He had 2 or 3 runs though so hopefully it's the former.
The offense as a whole wasn't good, no denying that. But outside of a lil completion percentage Bradford was what we probably should expect him to be and what he has been for his career.

A below average quarterback who is not dynamic and does not elevate the players around him and really struggles when playing from behind.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Molkerman’s Sam Bradford truthering might be the best thing about this week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose